News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Moscow Panorama

Brandon716

Member Bio
Reaction score
Be prepared, its more than you'll expect. What I noticed wasn't just the volume and size, but there seems to be a nuclear power station every other block around town...

moscow_highrises.jpg

Without labels

000dbkrs

Do I see nuclear powerplants in the middle of the city?
If so, I will never criticise Toronto again for urban planning.

Great MOSCOW city skyline pic!

Brandon: This is some pic-showing how MOSCOW has changed in recent years
since the Soviet Union collapse in 1989. LI MIKE

Brandon: This is some pic-showing how MOSCOW has changed in recent years
since the Soviet Union collapse in 1989. LI MIKE

Its still socially repressive. With opposition in the press being poisoned and killed, media being shut down that opposes the government. With over 200 people beaten and thrown in jail for trying to hold gay pride after they banned it last year... Moscow is hardly a totally western society.

But its certainly amazing. They are building some really interesting stuff since the fall of the Soviet Union, but this photo also doesn't label what was built before the fall. Moscow was an amazing city both before and after, unfortunately this amazing city has been hit with social oppression year after year, and its still got the remains of that system.

The Soviet Union created many classical buildings like this one:

c7d10a4573ca8b25a5d0ac4ce1214e68.jpg

Moscow isn't Pyongyang, they had some very good architecture even in the Soviet days.

Beautiful and interesting photo, but grotesque architecture, like the worst elements of North York on steriods. Where the hell is their taste? Too much money all at once, I suppose.

Reminiscent of São Paulo - but with more greenery in between the clusters of hideous concrete.

Back