News   Mar 28, 2024
 308     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 337     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 696     0 

miWay Transit

What is needed to be added to this map is a 61 on Mavis to Dundas And then to the GO Station.

1: Get riders to/from a GO Station that cannot be done today unless using a car.
2: Removes an extra transferring that is require to catch a 61 at CCTT as well extra travel time.
3: Reduce the ridership load on Hurontario who have no need to go to Sq One Mall in the first place.
4: What will happen to 6 route once Webb Dr gets extended in the next few years east of DoY
5: Should still show 53 on the map as its is a change from the original plan route.
6: Once the Waterline work is done by year end, will the 6 move back to DoY or remain as is??

What's with the off-grid routing of Route 28?
Got to service the folks off grid. Been that way since day one if I remember correctly and odd to ride it. Number of rider does not equal the extra travel time for most riders.

From Drum's post above:

1616713577361.png

1616713631921.png

The 571 page report for the MiWay Infrastructure Growth Plan (MIGP) can be found at the bottom of this page: https://www.mississauga.ca/miway-transit/service-changes/miway-infrastructure-growth-plan-migp/

Page 521-537 includes conceptual designs of enhanced bus stops and queue jump lanes along Dixie, Derry, and Erin Mills/Southdown.

Page 538 - 554 includes schematic design options to add bus bays at Cawthra and Central Parkway Transitway Stations, expansion of the terminal at Meadowvale, a new terminal at Laird/Vega, as well as operator washrooms. These sites were chosen due to being located on city-owned land.

Cawthra Station:
1618947105069.png
Option 2 has the crossride on the east side of the intersection plus a bike lane heading out of the station. Appendix E states that route 8 wasn't rerouted to Cawthra Station due to inability for buses to turnaround.

Central Parkway Station:
1618947166306.png
Option 2 has buses use the pick-up/drop-off lane (lengthened) in front of the station entrance. Nothing for southbound buses. Has the capacity for 1 articulated bus.
1618947215655.png

Meadowvale:
1618947352932.png
1618947429702.png
1618947462995.png
1618947708063.png
1618947912649.png

Vega/Laird:
1618948874923.png
1618948846263.png
1618948757988.png
Option 3.2 is the same as 3.1, but accommodates 9 standard buses.

add bus bays at Cawthra and Central Parkway Transitway Stations
Uh oh. This sounds like the precursor for the #8 moving to Cawthra station, which would be really bad for people using that route.

Also not sure why bus bays are needed at Central Parkway Station. Maybe it becomes terminus for #53? Would that have a significant negative impact on riders?

Uh oh. This sounds like the precursor for the #8 moving to Cawthra station, which would be really bad for people using that route.

Also not sure why bus bays are needed at Central Parkway Station. Maybe it becomes terminus for #53? Would that have a significant negative impact on riders?
Mississauga continue waste money on the white elephant Cawthra station that should never been built as there is no access to the community to the south of it other than by car.

The planners and schedules at miWay continue to show they are clueless nor ride the system to understand how much time riders are wasting for off route terminals or for a riders that may use X well screwing the bulk of riders. Running 8 to Cawthra station is a waste of resources unless it runs north-south from Derry road to the lakeshore by 410 and one of the 2 roads beside it. Even then its may not work out at all.

No need for a loop at Central Parkway as the on street stops are fine with some upgrading shelter as well 53 running 30 minutes or less 7 days a week from Derry to Cooksville GO Station.

I have lost all faith in Mississauga in having a good system. The Joke city of Brampton at one time had no good system to the point now is running circles Mississauga after the 2nd in command transit became director of Brampton Transit.

At one time the service changes were "look we are doing something for the money we earn" and more less the same today.

Mississauga is worst than TTC for "TAKE THE CAR" considering it eats up 21% of the tax bill yearly that is top of all departments.

I leave to others to fight for better service and system as I have done my 20+ years doing it.

Last edited:
Mississauga continue waste money on the white elephant Cawthra station that should never been built as there is no access to the community to the south of it other than by car.

The planners a schedules at miWay continue to show they are clueless nor ride the system to understand how much time riders are wasting for off route terminals or for a riders that may use X well screwing the bulk of riders. Running 8 to Cawthra station is a waste of resources unless it runs north-south from Derry road to the lakeshore by 410 and one of the 2 roads beside it. Even then its may not work out at all.

No need for a loop at Central Parkway as the on street stops are fine with some upgrading shelter as well 53 running 30 minutes or less 7 days a week from Derry to Cooksville GO Station.
Perfectly agreed.
Mississauga is worst than TTC for "TAKE THE CAR" considering it eats up 21% of the tax bill yearly that is top of all departments.

I leave to others to fight for better service and system as I have done my 20+ years doing it.
I really appreciate the work you did trying to make transit better in this city drum. It's a shame that change seems to happen so slowly (or even going backwards sometimes).
Personally, I very much want to get involved but I'm not quite sure how. Do you have any advice how one might get started? What are your methods/strategies? If you don't mind I'd love to learn from your experience. Thanks.

Perfectly agreed.

I really appreciate the work you did trying to make transit better in this city drum. It's a shame that change seems to happen so slowly (or even going backwards sometimes).
Personally, I very much want to get involved but I'm not quite sure how. Do you have any advice how one might get started? What are your methods/strategies? If you don't mind I'd love to learn from your experience. Thanks.
It started for me over a simple complaint starting with the Feb 2000 change to route 19 that use to see buses every 6 minute south of Sq One and 18 minutes north to 11-13 from end to end. It was common to wait up to 45 minutes in Brampton, Sq One or Port credit for an artic to show up only to see 3 to 5 arriving in a convoy for that change. I found out quickly that this was the tip of the iceberg for the city.

Try to find help in Mississauga and none to be found that I looked to Toronto for it. Found some, but only for Toronto that it has it share of issues like Mississauga and became more involve GTA wise for transit.

Over the years there was talk about a transit committee under the city and it went no where considering there is a cycle committee.

One thing I will say, ""DO YOUR HOMEWORK WITH DATA"" to backup what you are trying to do. Council was taken back when I presented issues as I had done the homework along with photos and raw data that they listen more and respect what I was saying to making changes. Everyone before me and after I started to deal with transit would just complain to the point where council asked these people what they wanted and how to do it as well fund it that they have no answer for it.

You need to offer solutions and recommendations as well cost to deal with your issue as well think about others who maybe impacted by these changes. You need to think of a network within a network and not just one route

I have seen various solutions and recommendations I have call for to happen within a short time to over 10 years with a number still to come.

Today the powers to be march to their beat with the public having very little to say on it when it comes to transit as it all about getting reelected and staying in office.

I have worked on too many project behind the scene to see this first hand that my time is coming to the end for fighting for better transit as well not doing this for most of one life like a few have.

There are a number of transit groups around, but they also march to someone beat that not good for everyone or going after what they want. Been part of a few groups that I am better off doing my thing for everyone, not just me even though a few may benefit me over time.

One thing I will say, ""DO YOUR HOMEWORK WITH DATA"" to backup what you are trying to do. Council was taken back when I presented issues as I had done the homework along with photos and raw data that they listen more and respect what I was saying to making changes. Everyone before me and after I started to deal with transit would just complain to the point where council asked these people what they wanted and how to do it as well fund it that they have no answer for it.

You need to offer solutions and recommendations as well cost to deal with your issue as well think about others who maybe impacted by these changes. You need to think of a network within a network and not just one route
I really appreciate your response drum. From your experience, would it be correct to say that reaching out directly to the miway customer service team (email, Twitter e.t.c) is not effective? You mention the 110 past UTM a lot and I assume that you must've already contacted MiWay about it. Did anyone from the transit planning department ever get back to you?

Today the powers to be march to their beat with the public having very little to say on it when it comes to transit as it all about getting reelected and staying in office.
Are you saying that the current council is less empathetic to concerns about transit than previous councils?

Back