News   Apr 16, 2024
 307     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 374     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 731     0 

miWay Transit

If you build terminal on the west side, then 48 Erin Mills would have a long detour to connect to the 49, and the 48 is the one route that should be straight. 13 can easily be taken out of the mall without losing any connections. 46 no longer loops at the mall anyways as it now goes to the Erin Mills transitway station. So no terminal is needed at that mall.
Or the 49 could juet use the terminal? The 48 would run right next to it. The terminal would be for routes like 49 and a terminus for an eglinton Express. Even though grid networks are amazing we do need some nodes.

Oh sorry I misread you, I thought you were saying to build a terminal on the northwest corner of the mall. No, I don't think any proper terminal is needed because hardly any routes need to loop there. It's only 13, 34 and 49 right now that loop, and 13 should be taken out of there anyways, and 34 is likely to be cancelled soon, and apparently 49 will lose off-peak service as well.

With the planned changes, even the people living at Eglinton/Ninth Line will not be able to get to the mall, since the 35 will turn south to the Winston Churchill transitway station. It's hard to understand why people going west along Eglinton would need to connect to the transitway routes going east.

miWay Budget for 2020 is to see 2% increase as well 31,000 service hours.

Money being move into LRT since a contractor will be known come Sept or sooner for it.

Presto is to cost $6 million more in 2020 for a 3% increase over 2019

miWay to see $6 million less from the province

trippn.PNG

I was talking to Miway about service but George from Miway says they're keeping the bus terminal. Am I tripping or did they say they're closing the terminal at one point?

Sept 2 service changes announced. Removal of 61 from Derry and Financial with all trips serving Sheridan College instead:

I don't understand why they go on and on about the "grid" but they divert 42/104 buses off of Derry and onto Financial. 38, 57, and 61 serving Financial would have been more than good enough, and better fitting to the "grid" concept. The 61 and 66 still will not have any connection to 26 or 1/101 either.

Sept 2 service changes announced. Removal of 61 from Derry and Financial with all trips serving Sheridan College instead:

I don't understand why they go on and on about the "grid" but they divert 42/104 buses off of Derry and onto Financial. 38, 57, and 61 serving Financial would have been more than good enough, and better fitting to the "grid" concept. The 61 and 66 still will not have any connection to 26 or 1/101 either.

What's going to happen to Levi Creek residents if the 61 no longer serves areas west of Mavis?

What's going to happen to Levi Creek residents if the 61 no longer serves areas west of Mavis?

Yeah, that's another problem with diverting Derry buses onto Financial. It takes buses further away from Levi Creek residents. The 57 will eventually be taken off of Meadowvale Blvd too. The current 61 does fill those gaps.

Aug 25
If one looks at the cancel school bus routes, some had far too many buses that only saw a handful of riders on them in the first place.

Unless something else is plan for the 26 for Bloor/Kipling closure, routes 20 & 26 will remain on route as it not finish. The new Kipling road is not all pour along with curbs and drain an east side sidewalk. The new Bloor extension is missing drains.

Once the work is finish, it has to be pave.

No idea if they will put the new Bloor Extension into service when they do close the current intersection to raise the roads to match the east side.

Its possible 20 & 26 will turn off Dundas to go north on Kipling, but a lot easier doing that off the Bloor Extension. Riders who get on these bus routes will have to use 76 and then transfer to their route in Mississauga.

The closure of the Bloor/Kipling intersection will have impact on route 3 both direction.

Most the steel is up for the new Kipling Hub and be enclosed by year end. The first section of the tunnel from the hub to TTC tunnel is having its roof form, but the whole thing will not be done until 2020. The high noise wall at the west end is haft built and the residences I spoke to for the condo said the wall not going to help the noises from the buses using the hub. Maybe miWay and Go will adopt the shutting off the engines if idling more than 3 minutes that other system do or when they stop. Seen it first hand for shutting the engine off once stop at a bay or a layover.

I guess that's why no detour notice are up or on line with the delay closure.

Why do they even need school routes? The TTC doesn't have any.
Take tooooooo long to get to a hub or a connecting route. TTC routes see 10 minute service while Mississauga school routes can see 15-30 minute service along with connecting routes.

Route 8 near me see 5 40-60' buses within 15 minutes on top of normal 25 minute service to Sq One with 40' bus. Anyone can use those school buses. Route 3 by me sees extra buses, but only for school kids to Sq One. Route 3 sees 10 minute service and can't handle the ridership from the high school.

Even the 19 with 6 minute frequency needs extra trips to be able to handle the high school students, let alone the 3 or 8. Without these school routes or extra trips, the transit system would be overwhelmed. Around 3pm is the start of rush hour service anyways so this extra service doesn't actually cost the system much. These buses are already heading out to serve the rush hour crowd, and on the way there they can also serve the high school students.

1. That the report entitled “MiWay 2020 Bus Procurement” dated August 22, 2019 from the Commissioner of Transportation and Works be received.

2. That General Committee authorize the purchase of eleven (11) 60-ft express growth buses with 2nd Generation Hybrid-Electric technology by competitive tender in 2019 for delivery in 2020 and pre-approval of $13,200,000 in the 2020 Capital Budget in advance of the 2020-2023 Budget and Business Plan.

3. That the remaining 2020 bus purchases will be deferred to 2021 to pursue funding via the Investing in Canada Infrastructure (ICIP) program.

Back