News   Apr 19, 2024
 116     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 805     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.6K     2 

miWay Transit

Why is there still no GPS tracking of Mississauga Transit buses? I've got TTC tracking on the Transit App, and Transit Now. But here in Mississauga there's nothing but a number of the stop post that you have to call to get the scheduled arrival - no texting even.

No need to lament over having to install more apps: Transit has supported real-time arrival/location information for MiWay since late 2016.

miway.jpg
miway2.jpg

In fact, when you look at the agency list on Transit's website, you can see that MiWay is listed as having real-time data available:

transit.PNG

I don't intend to flame, and I'm genuinely empathetic of how frustrating it can be when systems aren't working right, but a simple Google search nullifies the premise of your complaint. I do, however, agree that it may be prudent to allow SMS inquiries as well; there are a number of commercial off-the-shelf products that provide this functionality. They could even continue to use the same phone number (short codes are expensive).

Attachments

• miway.jpg
    miway.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,698
  • miway2.jpg
    miway2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,577
  • transit.PNG
    transit.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,662
Welcome to the third and final phase of Mississauga Moves! This phase officially runs from Wednesday, January 9 until Monday, February 4, 2019. During this phase, we will be inviting feedback from the community on the Draft Transportation Master Plan. This is your chance to let us know if we captured what we heard in Phases 1 and 2.
Feedback on the draft Plan will be collected in the following ways:

1. Open House (Tuesday, January 29, 3:00 – 8:00pm, Great Hall at Civic Centre) and Drop-in Centre – Similar to the open house that kicked off the project, there will be a number of stations outlining the highlights of the Draft Plan and featuring interactive display boards. The event will be drop-in format with team members on hand to answer questions. Materials will also remain displayed in the Great Hall until February 3 for residents to review on a self-directed basis during regular building hours.

2. Online Survey (January 9 – February 4) – Similar to Phases 1 and 2, an online survey will be posted to the Mississauga Moves website to collect feedback on the Draft Plan.
Following this final phase of engagement, the project team will review the feedback and revise the Draft Transportation Master Plan where appropriate. The final version will be presented to General Committee of Council in the spring.

Thank you again for dedicating your time and energy to this project. We hope to see you soon!

- The Mississauga Moves Team

I am surprise after 16 years calling for 24 hour service, we are finally going to see some routes doing it now. I can live with these routes, but 11, 42, 39, 26, something on Erin Mills should need to happen next. Then 23, 5, 35, 45 need to come into play to try keeping walking distance with a 15-20 minute area.

Unless there is better service between Islington-Renforth, crush load and having to wait for the next bus will be the daily mess riders will have to deal with daily.

Looks like 20-40 minute headway for the routes.

The MiWay Five Transit Service Plan delivers 10 benefits to customers that will be implemented through planned service changes every six to eight weeks.

24 hour service

Service Changes Effective April 29, 2019
Below are schedule and routing changes that will take effect on April 29, 2019. Check for updated schedules at miway.ca/planatrip.

1 Dundas
New late night trips added, providing 24 hour service. Check schedules.
3 Bloor
4 Sherway Gardens
Stop #2332 – This bus stop will be permanently removed from service to improve stop spacing. Alternate stop: #0695 Paisley/Antigua
7 Airport
15 Drew
Stop #2187 – This bus stop will be permanently removed from service to improve stop spacing. Alternate stop: #2188 Drew/Tranmere
19 Hurontario

26 Burnhamthorpe
Saturday service will have revised schedules
29 Park Royal-Homelands
Stop #4009 – The weekday 7:50 am northbound trip from Clarkson GO will depart at 7:55 am in order to improve a connection with the 7:51 am GO train.
42 Derry
Revised routing – 42 Derry (Monday to Sunday) will provide service via Derry Rd - no longer servicing Old Derry Rd and Meadowvale Blvd.

All service will have revised schedules

Note: Old Derry Rd and Meadowvale Blvd now serviced by revised Route 57 on weekdays; Old Derry Rd serviced by revised Route 61 on weekends.
44 Mississauga Road
Weekend service will have revised schedules
45 Winston Churchill
Weekday service will have revised schedules
46 Tenth Line-Osprey
Stop #3065 – This bus stop will no longer be serviced by Route 46 North to improve stop spacing. Alternate stop: #0392 Grossbeak/Prairie Cir
57 Courtneypark
Route 57 will service Meadowvale Blvd and Old Derry Rd, ending at Renforth Station – no longer servicing Islington Subway.

Revised routing will travel east/west (from north/south) and will have revised schedules

Route 57 will continue to service the Britannia Infield Loop during AM and PM rush hours

Note: Route 57 is on detour until May 31, 2019, due to Britannia Rd closure for watermain construction.
61 Mavis
Revised weekend routing from Mavis Rd will service Old Derry Rd (not Derry Rd) and Financial Dr.

Weekend service will have revised schedules

Derry Rd between Creditview Rd and Mavis Rd will be serviced by revised Route 42 on weekends.
66 McLaughlin
Revised weekday schedules for the summer academic term.
68 Windsor Hill
Weekday trips adjusted due to changes on Route 91:

Stop #6171 – 5:37 pm northbound from the City Centre Terminal will depart at 5:39 pm
Stop #2197 – 5:54 pm southbound from Bristol Rd/Sweetgrass Gt will depart at 5:56 pm
90 Terragar-Copenhagen Loop
Stop #2244 – The weekday 5:43 am eastbound trip from Meadowvale Town Centre will depart at 5:40 am to improve a connection with Route 57.
91 Hillcrest-Cooksville GO
Weekday trips adjusted to improve connection time at Cooksville GO due to construction delays:

Stop #6126 – 5:16 pm northbound from Cooksville GO will depart at 5:18 pm
Stop #6171 – 6:12 pm southbound from the City Centre Terminal will depart at 6:14 pm
101 Dundas Express
Revised weekday schedules for the summer academic term.

Route 101A will not service UTM. Saturday service will have revised schedules
104 Derry Express
Weekday service will have revised schedules
107 Malton Express
Weekday service will have revised schedules for the summer acedemic term

Route 107 will not service Humber College and will operate between the City Centre Terminal and Westwood Square.
110 University Express
Weekday service will have revised schedules for the summer acedemic term

Some short trips will be cancelled to UTM outside the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm
2019 Service Change Schedule
  • July 1, 2019
  • August 5, 2019
  • September 2, 2019
  • October 28, 2019

Holiday Service
  • Good Friday: April 19
  • Victoria Day: May 20
  • Canada Day: July 1
  • Civic Holiday: August 5
  • Labour Day: September 2
  • Thanksgiving Day: October 14
  • Christmas Day: December 25
  • Boxing Day: December 26

Is it just me or do they keep changing routes that service Derry Rd vs Old Derry Rd?

24 hour service for 7 before 5 and 26 is surprising. But I guess they wanted to do something for Malton and serve the airport. The TTC Bloor Blue Night buses go to the airport anyways so Islington isn't that important.

I never thought I would 24 hour service in Mississauga but I guess the 1 is kinda 24 hours already. It only has 1-2 hour gap in schedule so even 1-2 trips added in both directions is enough to make it true 24 hours.

MiWay needs to start giving different branch numbers to different routes, e.g. 26 bypasses CCTT and 26A serves CCTT. With 24 hour service, when the route is always running and never stops, it will be even more confusing to know which version of the route will be operating. I assume for late night they will want 26 to serve CCTT, not bypass it. Or maybe even 26B version that goes all the way to Ridgeway to take over when the 36 is not running. Mississauga isn't really a 24 hour city though so maybe 26 to South Common is already too ambitious.

5, 13, 23, 26 (serving CCTT), 34 and maybe 61 should be next routes. 39 might be worth it too, if it serves the airport. I don't think there are other routes that need 24 hours. The 45 when doesn't even connect to 26, and it is too close to the 13 which is a more useful and popular route by far.

I'm surprised the 45 isn't a very busy route considering WC is a much more important street than Glen Erin.
Winston Churchill is busier in terms of vehicular traffic, yes. However, route 13 on Glen Erin serves more areas of higher density and has better connections to other routes; hence it is popularity.

The introduction of 35 and 109 and the recent extension of 39 helped the 45 a bit but still lacks connection to 26/76 and 1C/101. 45 is a pure grid route going north-south so connections to major east-west routes is needed.

Broken corridors and the broken grid is the number one problem with Mississauga's transit system now. You can also see the service broken along the McLaughlin/Confederation and the Erin Mills corridors for no good reason.

Recently they have tried to have more continuous service by realigning 9 and 10 to serve all of Thomas and Bristol, extending 20 west to serve all of Rathburn, and extending 39 east along Matheson, but they still need either 26 or 76 west of Glen Erin. Instead of 26, I think 76 should have been the route to bypass Sq One, and go all the way to Ridgeway and take over for the 36. Without that connection, 45 is not likely to ever become a busy route.

The introduction of 35 and 109 and the recent extension of 39 helped the 45 a bit but still lacks connection to 26/76 and 1C/101. 45 is a pure grid route going north-south so connections to major east-west routes is needed.

Broken corridors and the broken grid is the number one problem with Mississauga's transit system now. You can also see the service broken along the McLaughlin/Confederation and the Erin Mills corridors for no good reason.

Recently they have tried to have more continuous service by realigning 9 and 10 to serve all of Thomas and Bristol, extending 20 west to serve all of Rathburn, and extending 39 east along Matheson, but they still need either 26 or 76 west of Glen Erin. Instead of 26, I think 76 should have been the route to bypass Sq One, and go all the way to Ridgeway and take over for the 36. Without that connection, 45 is not likely to ever become a busy route.
76 exist as it meets the ridership needs east of Sq one and will be a waste going west like you want. Better to change 26 and make some other change to deal a grid system around South Common Mall area. I agreed with you about broken corridors.

I have for over a decade call for a grid system like having a Mavis bus run to Dundas as well Confederation/McLaughlin and Erin Mills, but NIMBY folkas as well planning/scheduling listening to small groups who make thing rough for the riders on those routes as well what they could do in the end.

45 will never be a high ridership route due to the fact it service a very low density area in the first place. This applies to most of Mississauga since they refuse to increase density along corridors and all areas of the city.

76 exist as it meets the ridership needs east of Sq one and will be a waste going west like you want. Better to change 26 and make some other change to deal a grid system around South Common Mall area. I agreed with you about broken corridors.

Eglinton West has both 34 and 35, higher frequency combined than the 26 or 36. So I don't see much ridership decline west of Hurontario. The 36 is one of the busiest routes in the city, and it would be even busier if it was combined with the either 26 or 76.

45 will never be a high ridership route due to the fact it service a very low density area in the first place. This applies to most of Mississauga since they refuse to increase density along corridors and all areas of the city.

Derry has lower density than Winston Churchill but it still has really high ridership. Mississauga is not Manhattan but it's not Alpharetta either. Mississauga has more high rise buildings than Atlanta, Seattle, Minneapolis, Baltimore, San Diego. Mississauga has better transit ridership than all those cities as well. The density is good enough and there are many other TOD features.

I have for over a decade call for a grid system like having a Mavis bus run to Dundas as well Confederation/McLaughlin and Erin Mills, but NIMBY folkas as well planning/scheduling listening to small groups who make thing rough for the riders on those routes as well what they could do in the end.

Just a few takeaways from what you've said:

26 should just be restored to serve CCTT directly. The 76 is useful for getting to those office towers on Robert Speck and shouldn't be changed.

61 Mavis used to run down to Dundas (the short turn branch that looped down around Clayhill and Dundas) but was replaced by the 91 Hillcrest.

13 Glen Erin is a very useful route but runs too infrequently. I'd like it if there was some express version like combining the 110 and 109 (I'd restore direct service to Credit Valley Hospital and Erin Mills Town Centre) but serving the entire corridor from Westgate/Lisgar GO down to Clarkson GO.

28 and 66 combined would be useful, but the 28 serves far more high density areas and thus needs to be kept at more frequent headways.

45 is not high ridership precisely because the 109 cannibalizes much of its ridership in the north end.

Back