News   Mar 28, 2024
 197     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 208     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 268     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

That will be great for MCC ! Its a huge draw at the Shops at Don Mills.

Old Navy is now where Bendix was in Heartland.

Roma turn in the keys on Friday for the Heartland store.

Lowes will start construction of their new store on Mavis beginning in 2014.

Another Restraunt has open in the old Harvey store on Hurontario and let see how long tell it close like all the ones that have fail since Harvey closed. Lost count on the number that have open and close there.

Panda Express is under construction at Heartland Town Centre, where the Great Canadian Bagel and Pizzaville used to be.

Will this be going where the Rona was, or elsewhere?

Mavis and Bristol SW Corner.

With Rona close now, an already place for them to move in and be set up by summer, but what will happen to the land zone for that store?

There was a lot of opposition to the plan with Lowes there including council, but if they don't build it, it will hard to come a strip mall. There are only a few stand alone building on that site as per the approved plan.

This is awesome. I go to the Esplanade and Queensway locations to catch live bands, but having a feeling the MCC location will be very, very busy.

Best of all, there is not a location that could be closer to home for me - being across the street and through a little bit of parking. I have a feeling I will be there a lot - too bad their food selection is terrible. That place is only drink for me, unfortunately as basically everything is overpriced for small portions of very average tasting food.

We'll need a Pho place and a Burrito Boyz to open next door for the crowds that spill out as the night winds down :)

Crossing Hurontario at Absolute isn't great and no one has stopped to think that maybe that hill needs a set of stairs to get up/down from the parking lot to street level. Someone's going to have to get hurt before they do anything and they're more likely to put up a fence than to accommodate the hundreds of people who do that walk daily to get to the mall.

Last edited:
This is awesome. I go to the Esplanade and Queensway locations to catch live bands, but having a feeling the MCC location will be very, very busy.

Best of all, there is not a location that could be closer to home for me - being across the street and through a little bit of parking. I have a feeling I will be there a lot - too bad their food selection is terrible. That place is only drink for me, unfortunately as basically everything is overpriced for small portions of very average tasting food.

We'll need a Pho place and a Burrito Boyz to open next door for the crowds that spill out as the night winds down :)

Crossing Hurontario at Absolute isn't great and no one has stopped to think that maybe that hill needs a set of stairs to get up/down from the parking lot to street level. Someone's going to have to get hurt before they do anything and they're more likely to put up a fence than to accommodate the hundreds of people who do that walk daily to get to the mall.
The Absolute road is to go there and connect to City Centre Dr. It was also be the turning point for the LRT, but being move to Sq One Dr because of the delivery entrances.

The city is not going to build a set of stairs there knowing a road is to go in there.

I have used that hill many times over the year and take it carefully.

Ha! I think just about all of them are gone now

Streetsville: Cagney's Restaurant and Winebar redux
http://www.insauga.com/new-openings-cagneys-restaurant-and-winebar
cagneys1.jpg

cagneys2.jpg

Streetsville: Goodfellas Pizza
http://www.insauga.com/new-openings-goodfellas-pizza-in-streetsville
_main4.jpg

Last edited:
Popeye's has opened (re-opened?) in the strip plaza at the corner of Confederation and Central Parkway West. They are in the same section as Lazar Bakery, at the end of the segment.

They're also opening at Heartland. I'm pretty sure all the ones that closed were opened by the same franchisee who was using halal chicken which was against the terms of the franchise or something. So hopefully these 'new' Popeyes don't use halal chicken.

They're also opening at Heartland. I'm pretty sure all the ones that closed were opened by the same franchisee who was using halal chicken which was against the terms of the franchise or something. So hopefully these 'new' Popeyes don't use halal chicken.

Popeyes has no rule against using Halal chicken. You are probably thinking of the battle between some franchisees and the corporate office over the move to machine-killed chickens. The franchisees claimed it was not Halal but the corporate office said it was Halal and that hand-killed chickens were bigger than what the company dictated and the supply chain was uneven. At no point did they claim Halal was against company policy.

Here is an article form the Star a couple of years ago.

I seriously doubt that using Halal would have hurt the franchises in Mississauga.

Back