News   Mar 28, 2024
 118     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

ericmacm's Mississauga Future Skyline [SketchUp Rendering]

No new buildings today, unfortunately, but I just wanted to post some more images from various points of interest around Mississauga. I've also started a new thing with this project, I've been constructing a comprehensive model with all of MCC's existing buildings in the same minimalist white style that I have been using for my future building models. I plan to create some neat renders using a software that allows for more options in regards to rendering, like AutoCAD/Revit or something similar. It's not nearly ready yet, as I've only done parts of MCCs other buildings as of now, but I will post images once it is ready.

General overview shot:
o4EpmdX.jpg

From HWY 401:
Wkg1UQh.jpg

Erin Mills:
WbwqBv7.jpg

Erindale GO:
Ke2ZMhh.jpg

Port Credit:
LJ56q9p.jpg

Lakeview Village from Lake Ontario:
OHGu1G0.jpg

Port Credit from Lake Ontario:
KqgHYMq.jpg

Hershey/Paramount Centre:
KXmn4Y7.jpg

Credit Valley Hospital:
M3ws7aZ.jpg

HWY 403 @ Erin Mills:
BTjZHeT.jpg

MCC overhead shot:
3ILwOss.jpg

Uptown MCC overhead shot:
r08tiKi.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've been able to update this thread, I've been really busy with school. Since there's not been too terribly much going on with new proposals in Mississauga as of late, I have been working on making the entire downtown in a SketchUp model. I've gotten most of the major buildings done, I still have sections of Uptown left to do, as well as a few of the less exciting buildings in MCC. I'm not sure where I'm exactly going with this but I plan on keeping going and seeing if I can find more stuff to do with it. Here are renders of what I have done so far. Excuse the small image size, as I only have freeware rendering software at the moment:

chfPd5F.png

Shbssz3.png

7YvZDa8.png

lGTJXhf.png

I've been doing more work on the overall model. I had to totally redo it because Google updated their satellite imagery, which has effectively given the model a winter theme. I have added some lesser, but still significant buildings in the areas, as well as Square One. I'm also going to attempt to extend the model to the south towards the water. I am doubtful that my computer will be able to handle a model that reaches all the way to Port Credit, unfortunately, so my guess is that I will get as far as Cooksville before the model gets too large.

VwuVJdo.png

yu6lJoA.png

GYn6Du6.png

CRJYwbu.png

HQSk8ed.png

Lly3URW.png

There are a handful of development projects in Cooksville too, that I think would add to the scale of the skyline vantage points from Uptown/MCC looking south or Port Credit looking north!

I have another update for my model. I didn't really work much on it over the past few months, partially due to having a co-op work term keeping me busy, but I'm now a student again (it's my last semester of my BASc in Environmental Engineering) and have more time to work on my larger models. With the emergence of recent development applications for a handful of new towers in MCC, I couldn't help but jump right back into it and model the new towers. I have also updated some massing models of other developments, namely Wesley Tower, Edge Towers, and Avia Condos, to reflect their designs more accurately. I am working on the model in both formats (Google Earth and SketchUp renderings) for optimum satisfaction. My goals going forward are to continue expanding more towards the water with developments to the south of MCC. I've been avoiding projects in these areas due to a lack of detailed renderings and site plan documentation, but I hope to do some digging and change that.

I hope you all enjoy.

SketchUp Renderings:

i1JPGEH.png

kZ6stJm.png

LSxutly.png

UD31277.png

3FPMZfY.png

LOu9Rjn.png

KjymQsC.png

Google Earth Shots:

yKUTeu5.jpg

Pix10OG.jpg

0SaRLxU.jpg

JvEVV27.jpg

LJCu9hg.jpg

N8SYAVp.jpg

How would the view look like from edge tower 2 highest floor facing north? Asking for a friend. Thanks.

Sorry I took long, but here you go, this is from the middle tower, facing north!

EhaWrdg.jpg

Last edited:
I have another update for my model. I didn't really work much on it over the past few months, partially due to having a co-op work term keeping me busy, but I'm now a student again (it's my last semester of my BASc in Environmental Engineering) and have more time to work on my larger models. With the emergence of recent development applications for a handful of new towers in MCC, I couldn't help but jump right back into it and model the new towers. I have also updated some massing models of other developments, namely Wesley Tower, Edge Towers, and Avia Condos, to reflect their designs more accurately. I am working on the model in both formats (Google Earth and SketchUp renderings) for optimum satisfaction. My goals going forward are to continue expanding more towards the water with developments to the south of MCC. I've been avoiding projects in these areas due to a lack of detailed renderings and site plan documentation, but I hope to do some digging and change that.

I hope you all enjoy.

SketchUp Renderings:

i1JPGEH.png

kZ6stJm.png

LSxutly.png

UD31277.png

3FPMZfY.png

LOu9Rjn.png

KjymQsC.png

Google Earth Shots:

yKUTeu5.jpg

Pix10OG.jpg

0SaRLxU.jpg

JvEVV27.jpg

LJCu9hg.jpg

N8SYAVp.jpg

Sorry I took long, but here you go, this is from the middle tower, facing north!

EhaWrdg.jpg
Thanks a lot. I forgot to clarify but I was hoping if I could see it but with a different direction. The 'from' point is good, but the 'to' point should face city center celebration square where the fireworks come out of. But as well with all the other future 3d building models in it so I can see how the view will turn out.

Back