News   Apr 25, 2024
 385     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Mississauga Celebration Square Redevelopment (CS&P Architects) COMPLETE

I always thought the water feature will be a fountain of some sort. Is this it? LOL

As per Kristopher, you thought right. There is an interactive fountain feature as per plan.

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/celebrationsquare/amenities
Interactive Fountain Feature/Ice Rink The 147 ft x 155 ft interactive water feature, flush to the ground on the upper square, transforms into a fully operational public ice rink from November to March.

20110322002.jpg

June 22nd
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/CelebrationSquareInvitation.pdf
Later that evening a famous R&B and pop singer will be performing - ironically I forget the names...

Mayor Hazel McCallion, C.M., LL.D. and Members of Council of the
City of Mississauga invite you to attend the Official Opening of
Mississauga Celebration Square
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 – 9 a.m.
Council Meeting on the Square, Main Stage
Welcome to Mississauga’s newest state-of-the-art, multi-media
event destination! Following the Council Meeting, lunch and entertainment
from 12 to 1:30 p.m. featuring the Tom Barlow Band in the Amphitheatre,
Panera box lunch, and activities on the Upper Square.
For more information or if special accessibility considerations are required,
please contact: special.events@mississauga.ca or 905-615-3200 ext. 5821.

Sound check from today
20110616024-1.jpg

20110616025-1.jpg

20110616017-1.jpg

20110616020-1.jpg

20110616022-1.jpg

20110616028.jpg

Hey,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been following this Mississauga Civic Square redevelopment ever since it was announced a couple years ago and me and my girlfriend had the opportunity to see it first hand today. I just wanted to say that we were very happy with the way that this whole project turned out. There were kids cooling off by the water fountain as parents watched over them on the steps, teens hanging out in the amphitheater, families playing frisbee on the lawn, and cyclists passing through to examine the new public square.

This was the busiest I've seen MCC on a non-holiday in years!

As a resident here my whole life, I'm happy that the city is took the initiative to revitalize this area and I'm looking forward to see what else they have planned for downtown Mississauga.

Ew, I do not like the pedestrian crossing paint stick figures.

BAHAHAHA!!! WTF!? Did they let the local Grade 9 Art Class in on this porject!? Not only is it strange.. it's poorly done!

I do, however, like the LED walking stick ppl at Bloor & Ted Rogers Way lol
..they stalk you!

Does anyone else think that stage is a lil massive for the park? :s

Ew, I do not like the pedestrian crossing paint stick figures.

OMG. I'm just waiting for someone to react about those crosswalks. I bet teenagers will make fun of them (by mimicking) lying on the road in the middle of the night.

Hopefully, they are gonna be paved over and replaced by a regular one, especially that there will be a roundabout in this intersection.

BAHAHAHA!!! WTF!? Did they let the local Grade 9 Art Class in on this porject!? Not only is it strange.. it's poorly done!

I do, however, like the LED walking stick ppl at Bloor & Ted Rogers Way lol
..they stalk you!

Does anyone else think that stage is a lil massive for the park? :s

The stage is massive, but of course, Mississauga is thinking big, which is a good thing. I don't mind the size of the stage at all. For me, it actually looks small, maybe because I am just too focused on the jumbotrons.

I think they'd look cool in a satellite photo.

That's for sure.

it's not that bad.... i kind of like this.. it's a... funny change... and change is good. Soon enough it will be replaced by a roundabout... so dont fret everyone...

After watching this stunning pictures in Mississauga Civic Square, I am taking a serious decision to move in Mississage from Toronto..definitely our Toronto nathan philip square can't compete Mississauga Civic Square, thanks Mayor Hazel McCallion

Back