News   Apr 18, 2024
 612     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

"This does not look like same building. Was the Press Building moved to another building at the CNE or was it completely rebuilt?"

Like Quote Reply.......Excellent point, DSC.
The mystery will, hopefully, be solved by a knowledgeable UT member.

I was trying to figure it out, too; that bulbous building on the right looks like the Manufacturers' Building (where the Better Living Centre now is)

Then I found this 1929 grounds map: notice to the right of the Manufacturers' is "Press Bld." (Presumably its functions moved to the Administration Building, after CNE Administration moved to the Queen Elizabeth Bldg.)

Bank of Toronto, Wellington St. E., N/W corner Church St. 1955 TPL
Bank of Toronto, Wellington St. E., N:W corner Church St. 1955 TPL.jpg

Wellington-Church N:W.jpg

I was trying to figure it out, too; that bulbous building on the right looks like the Manufacturers' Building (where the Better Living Centre now is)

Then I found this 1929 grounds map: notice to the right of the Manufacturers' is "Press Bld." (Presumably its functions moved to the Administration Building, after CNE Administration moved to the Queen Elizabeth Bldg.)

In this light, I'm wondering if there are any more clear-enough photos of that area btw/ the Manufacturer's Building and the Grandstand, where the "original" Press Building would have stood.

Back