Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

Think he would have to cover the brick with beige EIFS to get a Eastern European to bite. Rose EIFS for Chinese.

Don't stereotype people.

I don't see this embellishment of cultural preferences and tastes as an insult. I don't see it as something to be ignored because it can be construed as politically incorrect either ... well, not in my line of work. My parents are Eastern European and my wife's are Asian.

I don't see this embellishment of cultural preferences and tastes as an insult. I don't see it as something to be ignored because it can be construed as politically incorrect either ... well, not in my line of work. My parents are Eastern European and my wife's are Asian.

Suggesting that all people of a certain ethnic background have identical taste is stereotyping, regardless of whether or not it’s a positive, negative or neutral stereotype.

No, that's what you are inferring. I'm speaking of popular trends among the demographics in certain parts of the globe. Brick, painted or as it's original clay colour, is not a finished material to many. Incorporating those trends help in the saleability to that demographic, no?

Moving on now.

Open house on March 3

10978635_10153009535280310_2488507547992272756_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10978635_10153009535280310_2488507547992272756_n.jpg
    10978635_10153009535280310_2488507547992272756_n.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,937
I still don't understand why he had to sell the Mirvish Village converted homes and not just Honest Eds. But that part is done. If Westbank had any respect for the neighborhood, they would only redevelop where Honest Eds stands and leave the homes next to it.
Sadly, I can't imagine a world where nice things like that are done. :(

I have mixed feelings about this. I feel like the height is out of place in the area. However, the market/retail components are very interesting, and I feel like they could spawn a vibrant community.

Exactly what I worried about when Henriquez was chosen. A busy mess hidden behind a hanging gardens. Doesn't help Westbank is trying to cram so much density on a site they clearly paid too much for either.

Last edited:
Density has to increase somewhere else than in the core eventually. This is right on the subway line at a major intersection, and is still orders of magnitude less dense than, say, Yonge and College, where density has increased tremendously in the past 10 years, and is set to increase even more, with no one being concerned about it.

Back