News   Apr 19, 2024
 342     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.9K     2 

Metrolinx: Sheppard East LRT (In Design)

Case in point: Christie Station, filled with compromises such as stairs just below the escalator to mismatched trim tile colours in the centre of the platforms.

I think the reason for it is ther isn't enough sapce at the bottom of the escaltor for all the quipment unells it was raised up a step or two based on the locoatiin of them

Also, I thought the tiles were because of a fire?

That's exactly why they are like that. October 15, 1976 was the date of it.

As for the escalator from the mezzanine to the surface - it, like the one at Broadview, is located directly above the tracks. They simply couldn't put the equipment pit any lower as it would intrude into the subway tunnels, so instead they designed the bottom of it basically at the floor level of the mezzanine - and thus require everyone to use 3 steps to get to it.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Once again guys, it's not the platform heights or escalators, it's the tunnels that won't fit a LRT team with pentograph extended.

You can develop and design a dual mode LRT tram that'll work, but how much money would that cost?

There is no mention of the Sheppard LRT here or anywhere else in the Metrolinx Capital Projects report. I don't think it's happening.

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.37.04 AM.png

http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pdf/board_agenda/20161208/20161208_BoardMtg_CPG_Report_EN.pdf

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.37.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.37.04 AM.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 689
There is no mention of the Sheppard LRT here or anywhere else in the Metrolinx Capital Projects report. I don't think it's happening.

View attachment 93576
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pdf/board_agenda/20161208/20161208_BoardMtg_CPG_Report_EN.pdf
Construction on Sheppart East LRT was said to start after Finch West LRT is in service. I also read that it was postponed indefinitely, which probably means "later". I wonder what happens to the "funded" status of this project.

I hope they will re-purpose the Sheppard East funding for the Eglinton East LRT.

Both projects are of similar length, cost, and level of peak demand, but Eglinton East LRT will get a much better reception from the public. Added benefit is that it can connect to ECLRT, allowing to shift the cars as needed, share some of the maintenance equipment, and possibly interline the routes as well.

Just extend the LRT all the way to Yonge St. which would also eliminate the need for a transfer.

I think conversion is the only way to do this.

But there doesn't seem to be any apetite for it.

And it'll be seen as another Kennedy station as long as there is no other service at Don Mills (DRL Long). It's just another forced transfer in the same direction. Like how SRT-Danforth at Kennedy is viewed today.

The Sheppard Subway conversion has been discussed to death on this thread. Can't people accept that it won't happen and move on to more important issues? For example, having a potential Sheppard East LRT go east to Meadowvale Road or even Kingston Road?

Debates go round and round on UT :rolleyes:

Back