News   Apr 18, 2024
 303     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 419     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

It’s interesting that they decided to modify the livery again. The grey stripe along the windshield is different from the mockup.

xof4bi57e2d31.jpg

Source

I wonder if the previously delivered cars will receive these grey stripes.

why did they say they are worried about the curves on the EGLRT when it looks like there's way more curves on this line

Did someone say they were worried about the curves on the Eglinton LRT?? Who??
Not that im aware of. Its actually a pretty straight line...

I do recall the concerns about the curves on the existing streetcar network. But thats why we got custom built Flexities for those.

Not that im aware of. Its actually a pretty straight line...

I do recall the concerns about the curves on the existing streetcar network. But thats why we got custom built Flexities for those.
The Flexity Outlook streetcars are DESIGNED for the tighter curves and steeper inclines of the legacy network.

The Crosstown and Finch West LRTs are DESIGNED for the Flexity Freedoms and Alstom Citadis Spirits light rail vehicles. The reverse.

It's hard to keep track of all of the Metrolinx failures, but there has indeed been concern voiced on the issue of curves on the Eglinton Crosstown.

Some specific issues are detailed, including concerns surrounding seepage that could lead to leaks and mould, and whether it's safe for the trains to operate along curves on the track.

why did they say they are worried about the curves on the EGLRT when it looks like there's way more curves on this line

Just because there's been no incompetence uncovered yet doesn't mean there can't be in future.

Re developed into what?
Many of the parking lots in front of single-story, single-use buildings could be redeveloped into mixed-use, multi-story buildings. The bigger shopping malls (Albion Centre Mall?) could be redeveloped to heavier density. Similar to the plans for the Westside Mall parking lot next to the Caledonia Station on Line 5.

Proposed-Site-For-Westside-Mall-Condos-2-v2-full.jpg

Westside-Mall-Condos-Concept-Art-1-v2-full.jpg

From link.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Very inefficient use of land near what will soon be a fast, high-capacity transit line.

Unfortunately, according to the business case for the LRT (which I read because I have nothing better to do) vacancy at the mall is pretty low, so we shouldn't expect any redevelopment any time soon.

Back