News   Mar 28, 2024
 707     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 484     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 796     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

On that note, I do sort of wish that Woodbine Racetrack would have changed its name to Rexdale Racetrack when it moved to Etobicoke decades back. In fact, nothing is stopping them from still changing it. It would be a nice homage to the community, which could use some love. Also, the coming GO station should probably be Rexdale too (also, to avoid sharing a name with a TTC station).
“Woodbine Racetrack Humberwood GO Station” — Metrolinx, probably

Humber College Michael Ford Woodbine Racetrack Humberwood GO Station? It was in his ward when he was councillor. :eek:
:eek:
Humber College Michael Ford Woodbine Racetrack Humberwood Aga Khan Park & Museum Hakimi Lebovic GO Station?

I know this station is nowhere near those areas, but that doesnt seem to stop Metrolinx.

King's Plate Station?

See link.
I'd assume the 2.8-km extension to the GO tracks would have 3 (and maybe eventually 4) stops. Queens Plate Drive would be the furthest north (about 800 metres south of Humber), then Rexdale Blvd another 700 metres. And the GO station 1.1 km further on.

That leaves an option for a fill-in station at Stable Rd/Vice Regent Rd once there's some signs of development there.

I suppose they could merge the first two with a single stop at Rexdale, but that's a good walk if there's any future redevelopment at Queens Plate.

1670455380950.png

guideway work from islington to pearldale has begun since this infographic was created, only area without guideway work completed/currently taking place is from jayzel to signet/arrow

Back