News   Mar 28, 2024
 287     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 256     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 292     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Screenshot_2021-07-29_090959.jpg

say what you want about the Eglinton LRVs, at least they're not just black and white like these guys! Definitely lacking aesthetically. Hopefully Hurontario ends up with slightly nicer livery

say what you want about the Eglinton LRVs, at least they're not just black and white like these guys! Definitely lacking aesthetically. Hopefully Hurontario ends up with slightly nicer livery
the only difference between Finch and Hurontario is that one has a minuscule ttc logo and the other will have the logo of whatever private company that gets contracted to operate on Hurontario.

They have a gray strip at the top but I guess the design doesn't allow it to extend down at the front.
Finch West LRT (and Eglinton Crosstown LRT) livery should match the colour of the line as shown on maps.

View attachment 338301
From link.
Considering the line has been changed to a gray line for whatever reason, at least that gray strip matches the line's colour!

Metrolinx love Black 💋 💋 💋 for what every reason and to be backward thinking in using colour. They are painting the Special Constable vehicles to Black and white for the new ones. Same can be said for systems using all white buses for the fleet since it was cheap todo it.

See one Metrolinx Streetcar, you seen all of the them regardless which line or city has them. The only different will be the type of car on the line as well how they are setup for X line.

Bright colours is the way to go.

I have yet to check out this line and most likely see it on opening day.

Why not have different colours to match different lines if they are not interchangeable??

Last edited:
They have a gray strip at the top but I guess the design doesn't allow it to extend down at the front.

Considering the line has been changed to a gray line for whatever reason, at least that gray strip matches the line's colour!
But it's the wrong trains that have the matching colours! the crosstown trains have the grey strip the fwlrt trains are pure black and white! they were so close yet so far. Hopefully in when the trains need a refurbishment but aren't quite old enough for replacing they get the srt paint job treatment

But it's the wrong trains that have the matching colours! the crosstown trains have the grey strip the fwlrt trains are pure black and white! they were so close yet so far. Hopefully in when the trains need a refurbishment but aren't quite old enough for replacing they get the srt paint job treatment
It's not paint on the SRT it's a wrap like the advertising with one except they had it printed to cover the whole train car.

You do know Alstom and Bombardier are the same company nowadays for their rail vehicles.
Regardless the same company today, Alstom had more different types of cars that I saw in Europe than BBD.

Back