News   Apr 18, 2024
 666     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Congrats to those organizations in the Jane-Finch community who kept the fight on for this.
Expect a photo-op by Doug Ford, if he's still around, at the community hub and centre for the arts when the "ribbon cutting" event occurs.

giphy.gif

Because Doug Ford's yes-men and yes-women don't check first with Toronto city hall.
Didn't Doug Ford reluctantly approve this project though? Most of the early works were already finished, and if City Hall wanted to cancel this project over concerns such as these, I have no doubts that Doug would be more than glad to cancel the project over such minor trifle.

I wonder why they were not warned this will happen when back in 2019 the FWLRT was signed off and early preparatory works had already started.
I got a feeling that they didn't ask ML or get a straight answer if the sound barriers would be removed. They just assumed that the LRT would be in the middle of the road and all construction would be confined to such case. Of course they isn't a person at ML actively looking at the community to find out about this art project and to warn them. Communication is the worst role in which ML can't perform properly.

Back