News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 759     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

If Doug Ford was smart, for the next election he would fast track the Finch West LRT East Extension, along with the Sheppard Subway extension.

Well, he was the one that was going to extend line 2 to STC. If that project does not get started by the time an election is called, he will not be able to run on a transit platform.

No money was committed, and Metrolinx doesn't seem to have done anything for it, no?
No formal studies, I just think there are some conceptual plans that were shelves previously (at least from when the line was built). It would take a lot of time to update for the current circumstances. No shovels in the ground for at least 5 years.

Would not be surprised if there's a pre 2022 election press conference with "we promise money to plan extensions to this line in the next legislature"
Honestly, I'm very happy that Ford pushed as many projects as he did (including RER!) They do appear to be being worked on, as well.

Hoping there's not going to be a curveball thrown in the provincial budget. Today's speech by John Tory on needing additional funds to avoid stalling Toronto's capital projects was also worrisome.

F.Y.I.

Length of Line 6 Finch West LRT, 11 km.

Length of original Yonge Subway (Union to Eglinton), 7.4 km. Today, Line 1 is 38.8 km (over 5 times its original length). Adding 8.6 km for the alleged Yonge extension into Richmond Hill, would make Line 1 47.4 km.

Last edited:
F.Y.I.

Length of Line 6 Finch West LRT, 11 km.

Length of original Yonge Subway (Union to Eglinton), 7.4 km. Today, Line 1 is 38.8 km (over 5 times its original length). Adding 8.6 km for the alleged Yonge extension into Richmond Hill, would make Line 1 47.4 km.

Hopefully a "phase 2" extension of the Finch LRT will take it to Yonge, and a "phase 3" deep into Scarborough.

Hopefully a "phase 2" extension of the Finch LRT will take it to Yonge, and a "phase 3" deep into Scarborough.
I thought the current thought was that Phase 2 would take it deeper into Etobicoke.

The original plan was to go to Don Mills/Sheppard ... not deeper into Scarborough.

Back