News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 623     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 907     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.38.56 AM.png

How much of the Finch West LRT Station was roughed-in when the Line 1 Vaughan extension was being constructed? If any?

Just a knock-out wall where a connection might be made and a chunk of land where they did not build anything new.

Last edited:
Just a knock-out wall where a connection might be made and a chunk of land where they did not build anything new.

I just hope they will do the same thing at the Science Centre Station on the Crosstown, with rough-ins for the Ontario Line/Relief Line/whatever. Both the Eglinton Station and Cedarvale Station (aka Eglinton West Station) didn't provide rough-ins for new rapid transit lines, and they are a mess for their neighbourhoods.

I just hope they will do the same thing at the Science Centre Station on the Crosstown, with rough-ins for the Ontario Line/Relief Line/whatever. Both the Eglinton Station and Cedarvale Station (aka Eglinton West Station) didn't provide rough-ins for new rapid transit lines, and they are a mess for their neighbourhoods.
Because nobody had expected a rapid transit line on Eglinton at the time.

Why the hell is Metrolinx so intent on using the most bland livery possible on these LRVs? For an organization so concerned with marketing, their explanation of wanting to make trains look like "Heavy Rail" doesn't make any sense whatsoever. At this rate, all the LRVs in the GTHA will have the worst colour scheme for any LRV in the world.

Why the hell is Metrolinx so intent on using the most bland livery possible on these LRVs? For an organization so concerned with marketing, their explanation of wanting to make trains look like "Heavy Rail" doesn't make any sense whatsoever. At this rate, all the LRVs in the GTHA will have the worst colour scheme for any LRV in the world.

I agree. It looks like the coroner's colour scheme.

Maybe someone with some knowledge would know but I doubt that it was part of the contract as there was no details about the OL at the time of contract signing to include anything more than a knock out panel.

Ther reasoning is because the TTC subway train are grey then because these are rapid transit line they should be grey too. Personally I think they should fire whatever consultant that came up with that and come up with something different or just copy Boston and have the different lines be different clours, for example, the green line train are green the blue line trains are blue and the orange and red lines are red heck even the sliver line has silver buses on it..

Maybe someone with some knowledge would know but I doubt that it was part of the contract as there was no details about the OL at the time of contract signing to include anything more than a knock out panel.
Rob Ford tried to change transit planning to grade-separated transit.
When City Council cancelled his plans, they and the provincial Liberals reverted to the Miller vision which had on-street LRT for Don Mills all the way to Pape Station.
Thus, no plans at all for a DRL rough-in.

The thing that pisses me off, even more, is the colour of the seats. Those SHOULD be blue and red, like every other vehicle in the system. Yellow and green have no place on the TTC.

The thing that pisses me off, even more, is the colour of the seats. Those SHOULD be blue and red, like every other vehicle in the system. Yellow and green have no place on the TTC.
The colour of the seats is not the most pressing issue from a marketing perspective. The whole thing with LRT implementation is that they're trying to make it as attractive to riders as possible in order to boost ridership, especially since it's a new concept in Canada. Painting LRVs the most bland and dull colour possible has a negative impact on exactly that (something that the marketing "experts" at Metrolinx should be very familiar with).

To adress your issue with the seats, Yellow and Green are part of Metrolinx' branding so it makes sense that those are the seats they would go with. The grey colouing scheme on the other hand makes Zero sense whatsoever. Especially since they were trying their damn hardest to differentiate themselves from TTC branding.

Since when was yellow part of their branding?

Also, both will be operated by the TTC, so Metrolinx should not be on it.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, it's more lime green but they derived the yellow from their old logo:

Just like how they somehow derived grey on the LRVs from this:

Back