News   Mar 28, 2024
 90     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 227     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

The annoying part is that the Alstom's will will be used on Finch. Eglinton would likely have more ridership than on Finch so the Alstom's would suit Eglinton better than Finch.
Yes they should have used Alstom Citadis on Eglinton and BBD Flexitys on Finch at the start. Finch would only operate with 48' single LRVs instead of 60' trains now. I think it's late to modify the car length for Eglinton. If they are instead used on Eglinton, they'll have to extend the platform by a few metres and possibly have to modify the Eglinton MSF to fit these longer LRVs. I doubt we'll see the Citadis operate in 2-car consists in the GTA within the next 10-15 years unless they decided to operate the Hurontario LRT at unattractive headways of ~15 minutes.

Is there a reason for the green arrows on the track? The eglinton concepts dont have this.

^ Indeed. I found that odd in the rendering. I checked the documents for the MSF and it doesn't have a specific track drawing for the entrance. Just this:

(Source: went here and then here).

I checked the track plan here (Part 1 PDF) and it doesn't show the tracks leading into the MSF: [note two design plates have been combined]

^ Indeed. I found that odd in the rendering. I checked the documents for the MSF and it doesn't have a specific track drawing for the entrance. Just this:

View attachment 209377

(Source: went here and then here).

I checked the track plan here (Part 1 PDF) and it doesn't show the tracks leading into the MSF: [note two design plates have been combined]

I think this is an old design, they are leaving a 32m right of way along Finch for future development.

Back