News   Mar 28, 2024
 130     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

That may work in theory but the best best of these options is to extend Line 4 west. The main reason would he to cut back the travel time of trains from Line 1 to get to Wilson yard. This is a low priority as the Yonge extension if/when built includes some track north of the terminal to store trains to be used for start of service.

That may work in theory but the best best of these options is to extend Line 4 west. The main reason would he to cut back the travel time of trains from Line 1 to get to Wilson yard. This is a low priority as the Yonge extension if/when built includes some track north of the terminal to store trains to be used for start of service.
If we are talking about fantasy, I agree a link between Sheppard West and Sheppard-Yonge should be built but not as part of Line 4. Instead they could convert Line 1 into a giant loop along the new Sheppard link isolating delays between the two directions. Line 4 will remain between Yonge and Don Mills. Sheppard West to VMC can become the Vaughan Line. Sheppard-Yonge to Richmond Hill Centre (Yonge extension) could be the North Yonge Line. Yes, it means people from Finch to downtown would need to transfer but it will increase capacity on a new Line 1 loop. On Weekends and late night, the could revert to the current structure with the extensions.

My preference is to keep the Finch line continuously on Finch, extending it east of Yonge all the way deep into Scarborough. That would be more convenient for the residents living near Finch, as they won't need to change vehicles for a linear trip.

An attempt to veer the Finch line towards Sheppard and connect the two, would add a linear transfer to some trips along Finch. For example, if the connection is made via Bathurst, then riders who board west of Bathurst and wish to reach Finch/Yonge and then go north, would have to make 2 transfers (or make just 1 transfer but accept a detour south to Sheppard).

Oakdale work has begun.

IMG_7703.JPG
IMG_7702.JPG
IMG_7701.JPG
IMG_7700.JPG
IMG_7698.JPG
IMG_7697.JPG
IMG_7696.JPG

Having just returned from Ottawa I am pretty happy that Finch will be getting the Alstom cars, I personally think they are FAR better in terms of layout than the Bombardier ones.

I've also heard a lot suggesting both Finch and Eglinton will be getting pretty aggressive signal priority. Given that much perhaps Toronto's LRT sub-network will actually be quite successful.
The annoying part is that the Alstom's will will be used on Finch. Eglinton would likely have more ridership than on Finch so the Alstom's would suit Eglinton better than Finch.

Back