News   Apr 23, 2024
 522     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 389     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Scanning through the Finch West LRT Project Update, see link, I scanned through the 662 pages of the appendix, see link. Interesting and contradicting comments about the MSF.

Under the YES:
  • Excellent project. Since 36 Finch-Humber route has the maximum number of commuters by bus. Waiting time is sometimes 30 to 40 minutes. Too many not in service buses.
  • Yes, and even things I never considered.
  • As far as I know. My expectations are that you will think of them all because if you create a problem that the people did not foresee, we will surely express our displeasure.
  • Yes! It was great to get my questions answered.
  • I have, as much as my understanding allows. I think that they are clearly revealed at tonight’s presentation and viewing this property, I never had any doubt whatsoever.
  • Yes, you have without question done your homework!

Under the NO:
  • No. I don’t believe what anybody says. Councillors and MPs are against each other. Shame on you. Where was Judy?
  • No. Dangerous fuel trucking.
  • No. Bike lands should be physically separated such as Sherbourne bike lane. That should be the Toronto standard. They also need to be wider. Consider 2.5 m rather than 1.6 m.
  • No. The most important issue to me is that the site includes community benefits.
  • Not certain why this site was chosen, could it not be incorporated as part of existing TTC yard on Arrow Road? It was difficult to visualize this project and how it would impact the community.
  • No. We want community representatives (residents) on any planning and decision-making body for this facility. There are several groups concerned with transit issues (e.g. Community Action Planning Group).
  • No. Improving transit is more than LRT. Need an integrated solution for Finch-Weston employment area.
  • I thought there would be more information about traffic issues in the area.
  • Dissatisfied that future traffic was not addressed. Underground is the way to go.
  • No. We want resident representatives to have a say. Creative work by the residents like art expression and meeting spaces.
  • I think impact of the MSF was the focus. I believe how the MSF can help this community should be another point to discuss. Positive impact should be assessed and discussed to help improve the community.
  • Zoning not compatible.

I wonder if they were at the same venue?

But where was Judy?!

Was that commenter making a reference to Judge Judy?

anigif_enhanced-8803-1411405215-28.gif

I think their demands are pretty reasonable to be honest.
Agreed. They aren't against the LRT, they just want to see high quality community infrastructure, like a lot of Downtown neighborhoods are getting.
It's just a shame that it looks like the local councillors are more concerned with deep sixing the project (I'm looking at you Mammo), rather than getting the best result for their constituents out of this project.

tbh tho...its the constant complaining by the minority nimbys like these that contribute to the higher costs and time for these infrastructure projects....really, as long as its legally compliant, if they dont like it they are welcome to move out. Last I heard the land is not owned by them so sharing what they plan to do is already a favor. I guarantee if it was like this when the DVP and 20th cent TTC projects were built, it wouldve taken them twice as long and as expensive...if it ever gets built

The requests don't seem to be unreasonable at all:

• Operations and maintenance buildings stacked on one part of the site
  • Space for locally owned businesses or social enterprises along Finch Ave.
  • Generous sidewalks, large trees and street furniture on Finch Ave.
  • Community or mixed-use building at the corner of Finch Ave. and York Gate Blvd.
  • No street-view parking
I'm sure Metrolinx could get this done - they were able to for ECLRT. The issue is getting the City on board (since ML takes directions from the City), which will be tough because of Councillor Mammoliti.

I don't see what Mammoliti can do. Is he going to block this? I don't see how anybody else can oppose this and as you said these are reasonable measures which can be done without costing too much money.

I don't see what Mammoliti can do. Is he going to block this? I don't see how anybody else can oppose this and as you said these are reasonable measures which can be done without costing too much money.

He is the councillor for the area, so he should be the one to bring it to council.

I think these community asks are something the City could and should step up for financially as a contribution to the success of the line. The buildings at street front could have above the shop apartment for railfans to sit and gaze out at the yard :) It would look a damn sight better than what is occurring at the perimeter of the Leslie Barns...

Back