News   Apr 24, 2024
 117     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 456     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.9K     7 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

The Line 1 Spadina subway extension is scheduled to open in 2017. The Eglinton Crosstown LRT is currently scheduled to open in 2020. The Finch West LRT is now scheduled to open for service in 2021. Those are the dates we have now, at present.

Any line numbers have been assigned yet?

The Line 1 Spadina subway extension is scheduled to open in 2017. The Eglinton Crosstown LRT is currently scheduled to open in 2020. The Finch West LRT is now scheduled to open for service in 2021. Those are the dates we have now, at present.

Last year in a report, they used Line 5 for Eglinton, Line 7 for Finch, and Line 6 for Sheppard East. But nothing is written in stone.

Line 5 for Eglinton seems like a done deal. But if the current schedule continues I'd expect Finch to be Line 6.

Personally I always expect at least one, probably a few delays on the original date. Spadina in 2017 seems reasonable considering it was already delayed multiple times and the new date happened very recently while it's 70% done.

Wouldn't be surprising if Eglinton, say delayed twice a year each, or delayed once for 2 years, with 2022 being the real date.

With the Finch West original date of 2020 (which is actually probably the 3rd or 4th revision of the year), it was likely overly optimistic which is the revised it to 2021. But honestly, I doubt they know or anyone knows with confidence.

Happens on almost every transit project around the world.

Wouldn't be surprising if Eglinton, say delayed twice a year each, or delayed once for 2 years, with 2022 being the real date.
To be fair, they've been saying for years that the Eglinton schedule would be finalized when they achieve financial closure with the preferred bidder. So I'd expect that we'll have a big slip in date fairly soon, then if all goes well, delivery relatively on schedule. But, I'd expect that date to be more likely 2022 than 2020.

Last year in a report, they used Line 5 for Eglinton, Line 7 for Finch, and Line 6 for Sheppard East. But nothing is written in stone.

Line 5 for Eglinton seems like a done deal. But if the current schedule continues I'd expect Finch to be Line 6.

Any word if they will reuse Line 3 once the SRT closes?

Who wouldn't complain. They just announced another 1-year delay of Finch to 2021, and at least 4 years for Sheppard to 2025.

I'm surprised anyone is pleased about this.

You love defending the city and province so I'm surprised. Frankly, the time to be worried was when they announced the LRT was pushed back to begin contruction in 2017 two years ago.

I agree....Finch is one of the corridors that LRT actually makes sense in Toronto. When's construction supposed to start for the LRT, 2011?? seeing that it's already funded, i would assume so.

I am surprised we have not heard from Mamo......

Ah, right. I'm losing track of all these delays. That was the post-Ford MOU change.

I'm tempted to go into the Wikipedia pages for these projects and try and clearly document the various timelines over the years.

I for one would welcome detailed articles on all of GTHA's transit on wikipedia.

Back