News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 340     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

So we have a "Jane and Finch" stop, then we have "Bloor-Yonge" and "Shepherd-Yonge", but then we have Eglinton which should really have been "Eglinton-Yonge". Sad thing is it's Metrolinx which isn't following established conventions.
It's funny the stop at Weston Road is named "Emery" but the one at Jane isn't named "Elia".

It's funny the stop at Weston Road is named "Emery" but the one at Jane isn't named "Elia".
There was an "Emery Station" for the Toronto, Grey and Bruce Railway Company around Finch & Weston in 1905, heading towards Owen Sound. Could return as a GO Station for a proposed Bolton GO rail corridor.

preview
From link.

Jane and Finch were farm fields.

I drove Finch today and saw an awful lot of work completed from a couple months back.
Looks like this project is making good progress.
It's amazing how quickly a light rail project can be built on the surface - it's why it's so annoying that this project took so long to get going!

Why? What's special about it compared to any other stop name you could possibly think of?

Also, is it confirmed that the announcements will be formatted by saying "(name) stop next"? I don't know of any place in the Anglosphere that styles their announcements like that.

Why? What's special about it compared to any other stop name you could possibly think of?

Also, is it confirmed that the announcements will be formatted by saying "(name) stop next"? I don't know of any place in the Anglosphere that styles their announcements like that.

In the same way that the stop at Weston will be called "Emory" rather than "Weston and Finch" or " Rowntree Mills" rather than "Islington and Finch" etc.

Such a shame how crap they are! The probably won't even shade people from the sun, let alone rain or wind
No different than Eglinton. Protecting rider from the weather requires them to drive.

No different than what you find in Europe or the US with many platforms having nothing at all on them.

Back