810     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.7K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 786     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Soon to be backtracked and adjusted in reverse. :eek:
😥
Yes, unfortunately additional funding isn't provided to maintain the headways when reliability "improvements" were made.

The snowball effect happens as widen headways cause longer wait times which leads to more buses unloading more riders at transfer points. This leads to longer dwelling time at stops in which they respond with more reliability "improvements" till the cycle repeats itself enough times till ridership dropped enough they cutback a bus to furtherly widen the headway on the route.

Till the next mayor decide to make a photo opportunity with "temporary" additional funding and add that lost bus back to that route and give themselves a pat on the back. Shortly after a few board periods, it's deem "extra" as ridership never came back and removed permanently. That's the TTC for you folks!

Of course they also do stupid things like lets balance buses between two branches on the 45 Kipling and have the same level of service going towards the industrial area of Belfield as the neighbourhood improvement areas of Rexdale. This let to completely packed buses on the 45A to Steeles in which they blame Finch West LRT construction and add run time as reliability "improvements" to increase people's long enough commute time.

Just up loaded a batch of photos I shot on Feb 11

Jane Station
52754332349_b497c6442b_b.jpg

52754577048_528870994b_b.jpg

52754089016_1474c3e0ef_b.jpg

52754332569_7fa62d4b6b_b.jpg

52754332909_d56bcd9b7f_b.jpg

52754496220_78d9698922_b.jpg

52754088496_905b7f67a7_b.jpg

Technically I think it’s “Jane and Finch” stop. I believe Metrolinx is calling surface boarding and alighting areas stops, with stations reserved for underground. This could be outdated though.
Nick picking, but both mean the same thing as some will service other lines while others will not, but both drop/pickup riders.

ML has being using stations in place of stops. I use stations regardless for tagging reason. Stations is use for a number of systems NA and Europe

I use platforms for TTC ROW or where one exist on an non ROW route since they are lowfloor in the first place.

Nice video, Reece. I am curious when the video was filmed. I had expected station completion to be more substantial than what was shown.
It was recent, but it really did look quite far along. They are putting in finishings and escalators, I think the clutter just makes it look less ready to go.

Gentrification is inevitable when a new transit infrastructure comes into play... Just look at Eglinton LRT. Also Ontario Line which will gentrify Flemo and Thorncliffe Park slowly but surely. These folks living there will unfortunately need to pack up and move further away just cause land cost and rental cost will balloon up once the line is ready and investment comes pouring in.

Gentrification is not 'inevitable'. When the Yonge line was extended north through the wealthy suburbs of North York, did we see a mass displacement of those residents? Considering such displacement as guaranteed is ahistorical and basically kills any hope to protect the existing community.

Whether or not mass gentrification occurs along Finch is a very purposeful choice by those in power

Back