News   Apr 18, 2024
 171     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 500     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

I believe I have seen the rapidTO priorities.

I thought it would be great if the OL west went straight up Dufferin to relieve that route.
I would be good with dufferin, they only problem I see there is where to go. North of Eglinton it's a little too close to line 1, so I think i'd rather see it on jane where it could probably get a higher ridership

Prioritization of surface only LRT where appropriate would help. Maybe Steeles? Lawrence West/East? North/South lines ending at Eglinton? I think any of those would be able to open within years of announcement like Finch LRT.

1. Eglinton East (east of Kennedy), almost entirely on surface except at Kingston / Lawrence.
2. Finch from Keele to Yonge, and from Humber to Pearson. Almost entirely on surface, except the Yonge / Finch interchange.
3. Jane north of Eglinton, running as a branch of Eglinton.
4. Finch East. Some issues between Yonge and Don Mills, but mostly on surface and maybe some parts in the Hydro corridor.

1. Eglinton East (east of Kennedy), almost entirely on surface except at Kingston / Lawrence.
2. Finch from Keele to Yonge, and from Humber to Pearson. Almost entirely on surface, except the Yonge / Finch interchange.
3. Jane north of Eglinton, running as a branch of Eglinton.
4. Finch East. Some issues between Yonge and Don Mills, but mostly on surface and maybe some parts in the Hydro corridor.

A route *somewhere* along 427 would be useful - the stretch will probably see quite a bit more intensification in the coming years.

AoD

I would be good with dufferin, they only problem I see there is where to go. North of Eglinton it's a little too close to line 1, so I think i'd rather see it on jane where it could probably get a higher ridership
Yes, Jane will be better. In that case, the line will pass next to Humber Bay area and a lot of people there will get a direct subway to downtown.

You can try expressing your point better.
We'll never see the Jane LRT (if ever built) extended to Humber Bay without dreaming and praying to the skies above, because:

1) Cost
2) Geographical constraints
3) Lack of Political Will
4) It's not anywhere close to a priority

We'll never see the Jane LRT (if ever built) extended to Humber Bay without dreaming and praying to the skies above, because:

1) Cost
2) Geographical constraints
3) Lack of Political Will
4) It's not anywhere close to a priority
I am not sure if you followed the discussion. It was about Ontario line extending westward. More importantly it was about people dreaming about OL's extension. When you are dreaming, you can build a line wherever you feel it makes sense to you. Fantasy proposals don't need to worry about costs or other constraints.

I have always thought that the grid of the city would work well if they all had streetcars/LRT running along them Have buses go through the various subdivisions and feed to them.
That, combined with a congestion charge for downtown Toronto like what London, U.K has, would be pretty nice to see.

Back