News   Nov 27, 2020
 434     0 
News   Nov 27, 2020
 1K     0 

Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score
Makes me wonder what can be done to assemble and densify those SFH's with their back to Finch.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
It's a start but still seems quite modest.
It's honestly a tidal change from the city. One of the only examples I can think of where the city actually proposes to change neighbourhoods designated lands to mixed use. The only other example I can think of is along Eglinton where they converted 1 lot behind the mixed use areas along Eglinton to mixed use to allow for deeper development parcels.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow, this MSF is going to be a big stain on this neighbourhood and its future development.
It'll be an employment centre. It'll provide employment for those who ask in the neighbourhood, and a source of money to be spent in the area. Start here at this link and this link.

daniel_kryz

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sure, it will provide jobs. I guess I don't like it due to aesthetics and reduced development potential. How will the city encourage more development next to industry, in a neighbourhood with a terrible reputation?

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sure, it will provide jobs. I guess I don't like it due to aesthetics and reduced development potential. How will the city encourage more development next to industry, in a neighbourhood with a terrible reputation?
"Looks" good to me.

1606499539857.png

From link.