News   Apr 19, 2024
 315     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 548     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 922     3 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Wow, this MSF is going to be a big stain on this neighbourhood and its future development.

It'll be an employment centre. It'll provide employment for those who ask in the neighbourhood, and a source of money to be spent in the area. Start here at this link and this link.

Sure, it will provide jobs. I guess I don't like it due to aesthetics and reduced development potential. How will the city encourage more development next to industry, in a neighbourhood with a terrible reputation?

Sure, it will provide jobs. I guess I don't like it due to aesthetics and reduced development potential. How will the city encourage more development next to industry, in a neighbourhood with a terrible reputation?

"Looks" good to me.

1606499539857.png

From link.

A better question is - Where should it have been built?

Its not like its a heavy polluter. its a clean probably mid range in noise. I wouldn't hate living next to it.

And the neighbourhoods around Russell, Roncy, and Greenwood look pretty nice to me.

St. Joseph Health Care Centre is across the street from the Roncesvalles Yard. Copernicus Lodge is a not-for-profit long-term care centre NEXT DOOR to the Roncesvalles Yard. No problem for them from the building and vehicles (Copernicus Lodge remains COVID-19 free to date). See link.

Anyway, as we all know following the Metrolinx debacle, the Finch frontage of the Yard will be developed anyway.
A maintenance yard has to go somewhere - but they can look nice, but doing so costs money...

This is Tramway 9 under construction in the Paris banlieue of Ivry-sur-Seine, with a rather interestingly Greenhouse shaped building!

T9-200827-SMR-secteur4-BD-0535.jpg

SMR-T9-Vue-Faisceau-04-e1551258267799.jpg

Back