Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

denfromoakvillemilton

Member Bio
Reaction score

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Unless you're a hardcore transit fan loving to watch LRVs head out of the yard very morning at 5am, I highly doubt anyone would want to live beside the MSF if they had a choice.
I think the property is more suited for commercial use.
Tell that to those living around the Roncesvalles and Russell yards. I lived near the Roncesvalles yard as a kid, and the streetcars were fine for my family life. People have more of a problem with the diesel bus garages. Today, I live near the Mt. Dennis yard.

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
Where do they train to write statements like that? Ten lines filled not counting the title and the spaces between paragraphs; still totally unclear whether they will build the community centre next to MSF, build it in another location, or not build at all.

A straight answer would take one line. A straight conditional answer, perhaps three lines.
You write a statement like that when you know the truthful answer isn't what the public wants to hear.

denfromoakvillemilton

Member Bio
Reaction score
here comes the hydro corridor ideas.... i love walking an extra 500-1000m out of my way to take a bus through a hydro corridor.
What do you think about this community centre situation?
So what would you propose replacing the 36 with? Another subway? Keeping it as it is?
I guess nothing at this point since we're too far in to building this.

Rainforest

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is not going to be that much faster than the 36 bus at all.
The LRT should be considerably faster during the rush hours, because the buses get stuck in traffic.

That said, Metrolinx certainly ought to give the land for the Community Centre after they promised that. Otherwise they will diminish the public confidence and the support for their future projects, while the amount of money they might recover by selling the land will be trivial compared to the cost of the whole Finch project.

APTA-2048

Member Bio
Reaction score
The LRT should be considerably faster during the rush hours, because the buses get stuck in traffic.

That said, Metrolinx certainly ought to give the land for the Community Centre after they promised that. Otherwise they will diminish the public confidence and the support for their future projects, while the amount of money they might recover by selling the land will be trivial compared to the cost of the whole Finch project.
And the number of stops too. I commuted nearly end to end on the 36 for four years. Some stops can be quite close to one another.

I really, really wish some sort of signal priority ends up being installed. We should go all in if we’re investing this much in infrastructure. And since the beginning of this project, there was always hints of giving transit priority on this corridor.

sixrings

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought we were against LRT as social engineering projects which is why we are building subways subways subways into Scarborough.

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
And the number of stops too. I commuted nearly end to end on the 36 for four years. Some stops can be quite close to one another.

I really, really wish some sort of signal priority ends up being installed. We should go all in if we’re investing this much in infrastructure. And since the beginning of this project, there was always hints of giving transit priority on this corridor.
Finch West will have signal priority.