News   Aug 14, 2020
 220     0 
News   Aug 14, 2020
 627     1 

Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

north-of-anything

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm curious.................will Finch LRT be extended to the new Woodbine GO/RER station? I appreciate that Woodbine was announced well after planning for the Finch LRT took place but it seems like a natural extension and isn't very far. It would be an excellent transfer point for all kinds of destination............Pearson and York U being the obvious examples. I think the ridership level on the line would soar with relatively very little extra money.
I think it would be a good idea to do it. Most talk of extending the line west involve going to Pearson via Highway 27, but at least one Metrolinx document has brought up the possibility of just extending to the Woodbine GO station. I imagine that Metronlinx places more of a priority on having the line continue eastwards to Yonge, though.

robmausser

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm curious.................will Finch LRT be extended to the new Woodbine GO/RER station? I appreciate that Woodbine was announced well after planning for the Finch LRT took place but it seems like a natural extension and isn't very far. It would be an excellent transfer point for all kinds of destination............Pearson and York U being the obvious examples. I think the ridership level on the line would soar with relatively very little extra money.
It shows up on the Woodbine plans

1592160056556.png

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm assuming that a night bus will replace the Finch West LRT between 2 AM and 5 AM. Too bad. Would be nice to see a Blue Night LRT that combines Eglinton and Finch West LRTs.
I don't see why the 336/339 interlined route would change at all. It's probably the best left unchanged.

TorPronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to do it. Most talk of extending the line west involve going to Pearson via Highway 27, but at least one Metrolinx document has brought up the possibility of just extending to the Woodbine GO station. I imagine that Metronlinx places more of a priority on having the line continue eastwards to Yonge, though.
Since Pearson's transit hub details are uncertain, I think it would be smart to add at two more stops at Woodbine Centre and Woodbine GO station. Both would be high volume stations and probably the highest rider per extension of the past 30 years. They don't have to wait and could start to plan it out right now and probably could even have shovels in the ground before the Finch LRT is finished.

anb

Member Bio
Reaction score
It shows up on the Woodbine plans

View attachment 251428
Hopefully this happens so we can get a better connection to humber college. West Brampton and anywhere west of it on the Kitchener line will benefit from this as so far, they have to connect to the Steeles buses from Bramalea GO and the buses don’t go inside the station so it’s kinda stressful. Kitchener line riders can just transfer at woodbine to the finch west, and hopefully a new fare integration gets put into place

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Finch is being widened. It is basically a construction site from Keele to at least Highway 400 (I didn't go past the 400).

IMG_4111.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_4123.JPG
IMG_4122.JPG
IMG_4121.JPG
IMG_4120.JPG
IMG_4119.JPG
IMG_4118.JPG
IMG_4117.JPG
IMG_4116.JPG
IMG_4115.JPG
IMG_4114.JPG
IMG_4113.JPG
IMG_4112.JPG

Leo_Chan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't quite understand why they had to replace the two Hwy 400 bridges as they look the same to me. Are they stronger than the previous bridges? Do they make it possible to widen Finch Ave? I'm confused.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't quite understand why they had to replace the two Hwy 400 bridges as they look the same to me. Are they stronger than the previous bridges? Do they make it possible to widen Finch Ave? I'm confused.
From link.

Metrolinx officials estimated that the (old) bridge deck had about 10 years of life left and the new structure will last 75 years. The LRT, which is expected to be completed in 2023, is set to run from Finch West Station to Humber College.
1595366432184.png

Three traffic lanes in each direction, LRT lanes, AND a bicycle & pedestrian path. From link.

Last edited: