News   Apr 26, 2024
 142     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 417     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Yep. TVO has found two councillors with the greatest depth of knowledge in the transit matters :)
TVO should extend its TVO Kids block instead of giving airtime to politicians who are much stupider than the target demographic of the aforementioned programming block.

Yes, preschoolers are much more intelligent than those who run entire jurisdictions. Why? They have what many politicians lack: common sense and honesty.

TVO should extend its TVO Kids block instead of giving airtime to politicians who are much stupider than the target demographic of the aforementioned programming block.

Yes, preschoolers are much more intelligent than those who run entire jurisdictions. Why? They have what many politicians lack: common sense and honesty.

Hmm. Or, extend TVO Kids to be 24h, and normal TVO should be extended to be 24h (with no kids programming). And do this by creating sub-channels: TVO-1 and TVO-2. Certainly merit to it since kids watch tv after 7pm and adults watch tv before 7pm.

Sorry, just a gripe of mine. PBS has three subchannels. We should take note.

And that little pedestrian island is still there!
Hmm. Or, extend TVO Kids to be 24h, and normal TVO should be extended to be 24h (with no kids programming). And do this by creating sub-channels: TVO-1 and TVO-2. Certainly merit to it since kids watch tv after 7pm and adults watch tv before 7pm.

Sorry, just a gripe of mine. PBS has three subchannels. We should take note.

TVOntario is "operated by the Ontario Educational Communications Authority (OECA)". Anything "educational" done by today's provinicial government is ignored and underfunded.

What about TLC. I like learning about little people, how to pop pimples, how to horde, how to start dieting at 600lbs and ivf gone wrong.
...or History channel going from actual history to Hitler, ancient aliens, pawnbrokers, truckers on ice roads, and other quasi-historical stuff.

...or MTV, which no longer has any singing or playing of instruments.

...or Cartoon Network, which has unscripted live-action programming (and I am not including [adult swim]).

..and the list isn't short (it's split up into many other lists).

Last edited:

20200205_120709.jpg

^That’s a reasonably fast completion.

I wonder if the Finch project will make the pols realise that above ground LRT can be promised and then delivered much faster than buried transit.....much closer to an electoral cycle.....

- Paul
Finch west was promised when the crosstown was promised and will be completed at least 1 year after the completion of the crosstown (if all goes well there).

Assuming the will to do something is equal for 2 projects, the underground transit will generally take an additional 2-3 years for tunneling. Station work and track laying take 4-6 years for LRT and subways. To many politicians, those 2-3 years are trivial.

Local conditions also significantly alter the timelines for both projects.

This all has to do with political will and available manpower. You can build a subway in 4 years if you absolutely wanted to, you just need 2-3* the number of workers and significantly more equipment

Back