News   Jan 17, 2020
 972     5 
News   Jan 17, 2020
 549     0 

Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm worried that a few of them will end up sidelined from collisions. 2 is a really low spare number. They might have to bring some spares from Eglinton. How is the ION holding up?
Apparently, fulfilling the spare ratio here has been extremely difficult. While Keolis is able to replace parts on the LRVs after collisions quite quickly, they still don't have enough vehicles to run trains at 8-minute frequencies. From what I've heard though, they have a solution to fix this, all to be confirmed to the public in the coming months.

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
What's with the sections between Janes/Finch and Signet Arrow, and Martin Grove and Westmore? They are shaded differently.
If you look closely, those are bus route lines. The 927 will continue to operate in parallel between Hwy 27 and Martin Grove before turning north while the 99 continues that loop for Arrow Road garage bus drivers.

11th

Member Bio
Reaction score
If you look closely, those are bus route lines. The 927 will continue to operate in parallel between Hwy 27 and Martin Grove before turning north while the 99 continues that loop for Arrow Road garage bus drivers.
In that case, I take it 36 Finch West will be shortened to run between Finch and Finch West station.

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
In that case, I take it 36 Finch West will be shortened to run between Finch and Finch West station.
That is the current plan, yes. The stop spacing of the Finch West line will be such that there won't be a need for a paralleling local bus line.

Dan