News   Dec 13, 2019
 1.5K     3 
News   Dec 13, 2019
 726     1 

Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

JasonParis

Member Bio
Reaction score
According to the rendering there will be 3 lanes of traffic each way plus the lrt lanes plus an on ramp and a side walk so I'm guessing there is enough room under the existing bridge so they don't have to make it wider. Which would make sense why they are doing the RBR

View attachment 212328
Call me super dumb this morning, but what is the green line?

rbt

Member Bio
Reaction score
How much of the Finch West LRT Station was roughed-in when the Line 1 Vaughan extension was being constructed? If any?
Just a knock-out wall where a connection might be made and a chunk of land where they did not build anything new.

Last edited:

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Just a knock-out wall where a connection might be made and a chunk of land where they did not build anything new.
I just hope they will do the same thing at the Science Centre Station on the Crosstown, with rough-ins for the Ontario Line/Relief Line/whatever. Both the Eglinton Station and Cedarvale Station (aka Eglinton West Station) didn't provide rough-ins for new rapid transit lines, and they are a mess for their neighbourhoods.

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just hope they will do the same thing at the Science Centre Station on the Crosstown, with rough-ins for the Ontario Line/Relief Line/whatever. Both the Eglinton Station and Cedarvale Station (aka Eglinton West Station) didn't provide rough-ins for new rapid transit lines, and they are a mess for their neighbourhoods.
Because nobody had expected a rapid transit line on Eglinton at the time.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why the hell is Metrolinx so intent on using the most bland livery possible on these LRVs? For an organization so concerned with marketing, their explanation of wanting to make trains look like "Heavy Rail" doesn't make any sense whatsoever. At this rate, all the LRVs in the GTHA will have the worst colour scheme for any LRV in the world.

junctionist

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why the hell is Metrolinx so intent on using the most bland livery possible on these LRVs? For an organization so concerned with marketing, their explanation of wanting to make trains look like "Heavy Rail" doesn't make any sense whatsoever. At this rate, all the LRVs in the GTHA will have the worst colour scheme for any LRV in the world.
I agree. It looks like the coroner's colour scheme.

TorPronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe someone with some knowledge would know but I doubt that it was part of the contract as there was no details about the OL at the time of contract signing to include anything more than a knock out panel.

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ther reasoning is because the TTC subway train are grey then because these are rapid transit line they should be grey too. Personally I think they should fire whatever consultant that came up with that and come up with something different or just copy Boston and have the different lines be different clours, for example, the green line train are green the blue line trains are blue and the orange and red lines are red heck even the sliver line has silver buses on it..

BurlOak

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe someone with some knowledge would know but I doubt that it was part of the contract as there was no details about the OL at the time of contract signing to include anything more than a knock out panel.
Rob Ford tried to change transit planning to grade-separated transit.
When City Council cancelled his plans, they and the provincial Liberals reverted to the Miller vision which had on-street LRT for Don Mills all the way to Pape Station.
Thus, no plans at all for a DRL rough-in.

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off, even more, is the colour of the seats. Those SHOULD be blue and red, like every other vehicle in the system. Yellow and green have no place on the TTC.