News   Apr 23, 2024
 908     2 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Queens Quay happened quit alot until they put in the stopping gate...

Oh gee. Then I guess Finch West is screwed. I mean a lot, damn.

If only there was a simple solution to stop this... a solution thats actually in your sentence.

Nope, no there isnt. Ok guys, cancel the whole project! Obviously not gonna work.

Instead of perpetuating your agenda why don't you listen to what other people have to say about different technologies? Every public transportation technology has their advantages and disadvantages, and with the Light Rail they are building on Finch, the interactions between cars and the rail is a disadvantage. Just because someone states those disadvantages doesn't mean they support a particular technology. I myself support the Finch plan. Am I going to ignore the challenges of it? No, absolutely not. In fact, it's extremely important to talk about said challenges to ensure that issues don't arise when the line is up and running.
There is already solutions to the problems they mention. perhaps they mention these trivial matters not in order to advance the plan but rather to further their own agenda of canceling or delaying a funded transit project.

There is already solutions to the problems they mention. perhaps they mention these trivial matters not in order to advance the plan but rather to further their own agenda of canceling or delaying a funded transit project.
It's not my own intention and I would hope you know that by now. I doubt most people on this board were actually ever in support of finch west being a subway or not existing, and even if they were, I doubt they'd cancel a project like this one so far into the construction process.

Regardless, no one here knows if they are going to implement the solutions mentioned on this board in the final construction of the project. They haven't implemented barriers at spadina station, or at St. Clair West. It is my hope that they do so on finch and these other stations, but until then, people can still question the issues of a particular project.

Honestly, I am more worried about the Leslie intersection on Eglinton than I am about Finch.

What a boneheaded move that one was. It is like nobody bothered checking the left-turn traffic at that T-intersection.
Either the transportation engineer at Metrolinx is completely incompetent or a politician decided to make that move to save money. I think it has to do with more than one person.

I know your position is that lrt is great for all new routes while routes with subways should just be expanded. I can understand that. There are others though who either don't care if the LRTs get built or wouldn't mind them cancelled if it meant more money towards subways. As a ex resident of Finch I would have been happy with a lrt and I don't want things getting derailed because of trivial things. The truth is when people say these things and or compare them to street cars it can cause people to not support a project. Rob ford was able to use wedge issues to cancel some of these projects. It's time to build.

Either the transportation engineer at Metrolinx is completely incompetent or a politician decided to make that move to save money. I think it has to do with more than one person.
I think it was a politician who absolutely wanted transit and traffic to interfere with each other. It wasn't even about money - just an ideology that LRT would be on street when possible, with no foresight or consideration for Toronto getting a DRL subway.

Indeed it was partially a political decision. Local ratepayer associations made a big stink about wanting a stop at Sunnybrook Park, when Leslie was going to be outright skipped.

They got their stop at the park, but at what cost. We could have had all trains short-turning at Don Mills and no service disruption between Mt Dennis and Don Mills.

Politicians wanted the cheapest solution for Sunnybrook Park stop, and were probably spooked by the cost of tunneling under the Don and therefore weren't ready to listen to any alternative options. Metrolinx should have pushed much harder for a south-side alignment even if it added some extra costs to the project.

Honestly, I am more worried about the Leslie intersection on Eglinton than I am about Finch.

What a boneheaded move that one was. It is like nobody bothered checking the left-turn traffic at that T-intersection.
I am also worried about the DVP area. And Vic Park.

I am also worried about the DVP area. And Vic Park.
I think once we see the ridership of this line, we are going to realize the shortcomings of our Scarborough plan. Eglinton should have been elevated or tunnelled all the way to Kennedy. Hell, we could have avoided the Scarborough Subway nightmare with interlining the proposed LRT with a fully grade-separated Eglinton.

I think once we see the ridership of this line, we are going to realize the shortcomings of our Scarborough plan. Eglinton should have been elevated or tunnelled all the way to Kennedy. Hell, we could have avoided the Scarborough Subway nightmare with interlining the proposed LRT with a fully grade-separated Eglinton.

Thanks a lot Karen Stintz and John Parker with your all Machiavellian scheming. No wonder they're both no longer in politics.

Work east of Weston.
IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG

Maintenance facility work starting?
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG