News   Apr 23, 2024
 311     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 895     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 494     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

I'd consider that an S-Bahn line. Those are run far differently than subway/MRT lines, lower frequencies is part of it.
Frequency seemed subway-like to me when I took it out to Suwon - it didn't feel particularly different to other older lines in Seoul to me - particularly Line 2. What is it when one is riding it, that makes it different?

To be honest, I always seemed to have the longest waits for Line 8 - which no one wouldn't call anything but subway or metro!

Nobody mentioned Seoul’s Line 1 which is 200km long haha https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul_Subway_Line_1
I wouldn't use that as an example since its pretty much a Subway/Commuter service hybrid like what you see in Tokyo and Osaka. It was built to function that way, our Subway was not. OUr Subway is just that, a subway with local stops every km or so. Seoul Line 1 becomes a commuter rail service outside of the core with a verity of local and Express services. As well you'll notice not a single service serves all 200km of the line, you're going to have to transfer onto another train at some point.

Apologies if this was already posted but this was in the Finch West LRT team's year-end email update:

The 2019 provincial budget will see if things proceed or if this project gets cancelled. I'm hoping cooler heads prevail in the Tory caucus and this project is allowed to continue.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but latest tweet from Councillor Ford:

He uses LRT in the project name in one line but only "higher-order" in another line. While LRT is "higher-order" transit, so is a subway...

I guess maybe it is a good sign he tweeted out the meeting.

I think this is very positive. I never thought I'd see a Ford say LRT without "streetcars" or "subways subways subways" in the same breath.

Michael Ford isn't a ford brother per se. different parents, his birth given last name isn't even Ford. He's still conservative, but isn't quite as full of bumbling idiocy as his uncles, at least from what I've seen.

He was a councillor at Camp Kandalore when I was a camper there. As a a person, he was a really nice guy. He does deserve a chance to prove himself as a councillor without the baggage of the Ford name.

He was a councillor at Camp Kandalore when I was a camper there. As a a person, he was a really nice guy. He does deserve a chance to prove himself as a councillor without the baggage of the Ford name.
He got the job though because of his last name. I would like to be totally unqualified for a job yet get it because of a name and then get the opportunity to prove myself worthy the after. There are lots of really nice guys who get far less chances.

He got the job though because of his last name. I would like to be totally unqualified for a job yet get it because of a name and then get the opportunity to prove myself worthy the after. There are lots of really nice guys who get far less chances.

I agree with that, Mr. Trump. But sometimes having the same infamous last name can have the opposite.

I agree with that, Mr. Trump. But sometimes having the same infamous last name can have the opposite.
For better or worse I'm not a fan of someone's last name get them a job. Someone should be able to lead without the last name bush, Clinton, Trudeau ford and or trump. Btw I voted for Trudeau. I have pretty much nothing good to say about trump but he did market his own name.

Back