News   Jan 28, 2021
 292     0 
News   Jan 28, 2021
 590     2 

Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why does streety go silent in each thread when confronted with facts? It's ok to admit you arewrong sometimes.
I already acknowledged I made a mistake. I never saw the knockout wall myself, but I do remember reading in the news that Finch West Station almost didn't open because there were knockout properties (presumably platforms) associated with it. This assumption was made because "knockout" can be associated with the Sheppard Subway's "Knockout wall" properties (lengthened platforms).

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hasn't the station complex itself been built to accommodate simple expansion? (installation of tracks, entrance, and lighting/public art?) Seeing as the station itself is the hardest part to build and the extra utilities take little more than at most a year to complete, I'd say it's pretty much done. If a platform has not been built, then that's due to my ignorance.

Just because I don't reply with an apology doesn't mean I don't acknowledge a mistake on my behalf. Must I waste my time with explaining myself with everything?

I made a mistake. I'm sorry if I perpetuated a falsehood.

SaugeenJunction

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some really nice renderings from design firm gh3* of the FWLRT (circa 2016). I'm sure it will get dulled down for construction, but great to look at.

Palma

Member Bio
Reaction score
To build faster would require more funding for weekend and 24/7 construction. Not possible with the current anti-transit Premier Ford holding the purse strings.
Cause if it was still the liberals in power they would’ve opened the purse strings? Especially since the time that finch LRT was originally proposed, it should have already been up and running along with Shepard lrt

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This line will pass through Jane and Finch, and you will pay prior to boarding...
Any particular reason you mention that intersection?

Metrolinx has said that Line 5 vehicles will be Presto-enabled. Why would Line 6 be any different?

upload_2018-8-24_16-28-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-24_16-28-29.png
    upload_2018-8-24_16-28-29.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 147

KevinT

Member Bio
Reaction score
Latest article.

Could be tough to implement because as noted in the article the contract has already been signed.

While both the Mobility Greenway and Metrolinx plans allocate similar space, the greenway plan provides critical isolation between cyclists and traffic -- I'd much prefer it over the Metrolinx' one!

This idea that cyclists are a bigger hazard to pedestrians than cars are to cyclists has really got to die out. If you wouldn't feel safe cycling on it with your kids then it's not really proper cycling infrastructure.