News   Apr 25, 2024
 144     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 524     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Being that today was the financial close of the Finch West LRT and completed before the writ drop does this mean at least the Finch West LRT project is safe from cancellation after the election?

Being that today was the financial close of the Finch West LRT and completed before the writ drop does this mean at least the Finch West LRT project is safe from cancellation after the election?

I’m sure the government can cancel it if they really wanted to (ahem, gas plants), but that would be an extraordinary measure. In practice, the LRT is basically certain to be built.

If DoFo is elected, there is no transit project that is safe. The only exception would be the Crosstown LRT. Asides from that there's really nothing stopping the man from cancelling the project, and he's proven that he couldn't care less (or is even aware) as to what the financial repercussions could be.

Well, nothing is completely safe; the new government could even order the Yonge line closed within days of being sworn in.

The government will be spending $2.5B on Finch West; whether that's the LRT or keeping it exactly as it is now is up to Ford. Paying big money for literally nothing is what the gas plant scandal was over; I don't think the public will accept it easily.

Last edited:
Here's the full story here:

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/...ti-motion-delays-finch-west-lrt-construction/

This is why nothing good that would benefit the city as a whole ever comes to fruition, since pathetic politicians like this pull wild antics and say the most bombastic things which people buy.
Right. And we’ll continue to put up with this insanity unless we find a way to remove elected politicians from transit planning. I know, democracy...but this just isn’t working.

David Rider‏Verified account@dmrider
From Tuesday's public works committee: Committee votes to delay Finch West LRT construction after Cllr Mammoliti threatens to walk out and break quorum, but decision could be undone by city council.

I blame Tory for this, for putting a well known moron on the City’s most important commitmee

When’s the next Council meeting?

When this line is complete, it will pass through the Jane and Finch area. It is well known as the worst part of Toronto. Will the line do anything to make that area better?

When this line is complete, it will pass through the Jane and Finch area. It is well known as the worst part of Toronto. Will the line do anything to make that area better?

It'll solve education, unemployment, end discrimination, cure diseases, and make the blind see again.

Back