News   Apr 24, 2024
 645     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 840     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 550     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Finch West goes right Drug Fraud's riding ... and he's spoken vehemently against it, and was quoted yesterday by another politician as planning to cancel it.

It looks like most of the risk comes from the Ford / Mammoliti duo, rather than Ford alone. By himself, Ford would have many tasks on his hands, and could simply forget about Finch LRT, thus letting it proceed by default guided by the Metrolinx brass.

But for Mammoliti, fighting against this project became a pet peeve. Having a limited number of other responsibilities, and lots of free time on his hands, he will buzz in Ford's ear and enhance the risk.

They will play at York University Stadium while the stadium gets built
I'd have thought that would be a much location in the long-run than that far north. Who wants to be that far north of the city, when you can be right at a subway station, which connects well to the GO Train and GO bus network (1 stop south of Highway 407 station, 3 stops north of the Downsview Park station). I'd go to York to watch soccer. A GO Train ride to almost King City seems less likely.

I'd have thought that would be a much location in the long-run than that far north. Who wants to be that far north of the city, when you can be right at a subway station, which connects well to the GO Train and GO bus network (1 stop south of Highway 407 station, 3 stops north of the Downsview Park station). I'd go to York to watch soccer. A GO Train ride to almost King City seems less likely.

Costs of using the stadium, benefits of being owners/sole users.

Nothing to cancel really for those two. They simply don't do anything.

Finch West goes right Drug Fraud's riding ... and he's spoken vehemently against it, and was quoted yesterday by another politician as planning to cancel it. Not sure how the sequencing of events is important really.

Of course it would be - why is why anyone who supports transit would never vote for Drug Fraud - even if didn't have all the corruption, bigotry, and misogyny issues attached to him.

Seems like you are the one on drugs. Enough with the silly names!

I see both of those extensions being valid, and have their ow merits. If anything,, do both as phase 2.

You suggest to do both as Phase 2, as if the Yonge extension and Pearson extension have equal merits.

The fact of the matter is that ridership on the $500 Million Pearson extension will be extremely sparse, at only 900 passengers at peak hour in the peak direction. I wouldn’t even rank this amongst this top 50 transit infrastructure priorities in the City of Toronto. This is not a project that should be progressed in the coming decades.

The easterly extension is a different story. That should be progressed as soon as Yonge Line can safely accommodate the demand.

You suggest to do both as Phase 2, as if the Yonge extension and Pearson extension have equal merits.

The fact of the matter is that ridership on the $500 Million Pearson extension will be extremely sparse, at only 900 passengers at peak hour in the peak direction. I wouldn’t even rank this amongst this top 50 transit infrastructure priorities in the City of Toronto. This is not a project that should be progressed in the coming decades.

The easterly extension is a different story. That should be progressed as soon as Yonge Line can safely accommodate the demand.

If anything, that will ruin the yonge line by shoving even more people into it. If you're going to build a line in between the two sides of line 1, either build a sheppard west subway, or build the LRT line south to Sheppard west station, so people at least have the option of transferring to the DRL.

Seems like you are the one on drugs. Enough with the silly names!
Enough with a silly dumber-than-fudge candidates!

Given his incoherent ever changing policy, I don't think it's me on drugs. Besides, he is the one with addiction issues (though at least under control).

His pave the greenbelt promise is absurd - and a complete reversal of the previous PC position. Knowing Drug, he'll change his position again.

There’s isn’t a strong business case for an extension to the airport. The extension to Yonge should come first.
I wouldn't see this as an either/or, should do both; wonder why you think there is no LRT biz case given that unlike UPX it will actually pass through and presumably stop in the surrounding industrial area.

I wouldn't see this as an either/or, should do both; wonder why you think there is no LRT biz case given that unlike UPX it will actually pass through and presumably stop in the surrounding industrial area.

It’s peak point ridership is something like 900, which is nothing. $500 Million to move 900 peak point riders is a poor investment.

Enough with a silly dumber-than-fudge candidates!

Given his incoherent ever changing policy, I don't think it's me on drugs. Besides, he is the one with addiction issues (though at least under control).

His pave the greenbelt promise is absurd - and a complete reversal of the previous PC position. Knowing Drug, he'll change his position again.

Mods

Can nfitz posts be removed (or in the alternative moved to the provincial election section)?

His continuous name calling is approaching being a bully. Name calling (of any specific person) who is either on this forum or not is not OK (although only the former is part of the Code of Conduct). It is also (I think) Trolling.

Thanks

Mods

Can nfitz posts be removed (or in the alternative moved to the provincial election section)?

His continuous name calling is approaching being a bully. Name calling (of any specific person) who is either on this forum or not is not OK (although only the former is part of the Code of Conduct). It is also (I think) Trolling.

Thanks
If you are ever upset about a post hit the "report" button - mods will get a message and review the post.

Back