News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 623     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 906     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Apparently, the line is now Gray rather than Pink:
TTC Design mentioned that in April; maybe you missed the follow-up question! Was it ever pink - and old discussion refers to the old greeny colour as teal, chartreuse, and emerald.

upload_2017-12-15_19-3-4.png

However, this does match the TTC's old plans for a new lines (coincidence?):
Probably not coincidence. The previous iteration was:

upload_2017-12-15_19-4-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-15_19-3-4.png
    upload_2017-12-15_19-3-4.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 636
  • upload_2017-12-15_19-4-59.png
    upload_2017-12-15_19-4-59.png
    1 MB · Views: 473
The future tunnel entrance from the Finch West LRT Station to the Finch West Subway Station. In 2022 thousands of commuters will walk this passageway to make their LRT connection or subway/bus connection.

Break out wall #3.jpg

Attachments

• Break out wall #3.jpg
    Break out wall #3.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 1,305
Last edited:
Finch West Lrt tunnel entrance behind break out wall.
/QUOTE]
I have an inside shot as well the circle, but not the full wall.

The future tunnel entrance from the Finch West LRT Station to the Finch West Subway Station. In 2022 thousands of commuters will walk this passageway to make their LRT connection or subway/bus connection.

View attachment 130406

Hopefully, it won't get cancelled by a subsequent government. Then, it will be another one of those never-used oddities in the system like Lower Queen station or the Spanish-solution platform at Sheppard-Yonge.

Hopefully, it won't get cancelled by a subsequent government. Then, it will be another one of those never-used oddities in the system like Lower Queen station or the Spanish-solution platform at Sheppard-Yonge.

If the Finch LRT is cancelled, we'd also most likely end up with a whole bunch of surplus Alstom cars, so we should be safe.

If the Finch LRT is cancelled, we'd also most likely end up with a whole bunch of surplus Alstom cars, so we should be safe.

Safe from what? Surplus cars can be sold off at a loss if the government is motivated by political games. Waste happens in government no matter what party is in power. The only difference between parties in terms of waste is where they waste money. The best case scenario if a new party is elected is a pragmatic approach where existing projects are completed to the planners' original specs or improved in some way. The worst case scenario is cancelled contracts, sold off train sets, and losses in the hundreds of millions or billions.

Inside Finch West Subway Station-Finch West LRT break out wall.

View attachment 130404

Is there a diagram showing where exactly the break-out wall is relative to the subway platform? I was at the station today, and I unfortunately misidentified the location of the LRT platform.

One level about the subway platform, there's a long, straight section of wall, with an indentation about 60 metres in length that looks like it was designed to precisely fit an LRT. Alas, that was not the LRT platform.

Is there a diagram showing where exactly the break-out wall is relative to the subway platform? I was at the station today, and I unfortunately misidentified the location of the LRT platform.

One level about the subway platform, there's a long, straight section of wall, with an indentation about 60 metres in length that looks like it was designed to precisely fit an LRT. Alas, that was not the LRT platform.
I would assume here, from HERE:
Finch West Station Concourse.png

Attachments

• Finch West Station Concourse.png
    Finch West Station Concourse.png
    324.6 KB · Views: 894
^^^ I don't think there is diagram showing where the break-out wall is relative to subway platform because it hasn't been designed yet. The break-out wall that I took a picture of leads to a wide passageway which then angles right or south. How long that tunnel goes south is unknown to the public because we only had a small square hole to look into. I was told the LRT platform will be below the NorthEast corner of Keele and Finch where there is a trailer and some other construction debris currently. It makes sense and it's exciting and cool that the pedestrian tunnel was designed to access the Lrt. Perhaps the construction workers who built the tunnel or passageway was not aware of the significance of the access tunnel at the time. Maybe only a small number of engineers and designers knew of the future expansion but didn't make a big deal about it. Just speculation on my part.

I was there today at FinchWest station since it was free TTC rides across Toronto. The small panel window that I leaned into to take a picture was sealed shut today and if you missed the Saturday open house and only came today, you would never know about the FinchWest Lrt break-out wall and its significance for the future.

Last edited:
^^^ I don't think there is diagram showing where the break-out wall is relative to subway platform because it hasn't been designed yet. The break-out wall that I took a picture of leads to a wide passageway which then angles right or south. How long that tunnel goes south is unknown to the public because we only had a small square hole to look into. I was told the LRT platform will be below the NorthEast corner of Dufferin and Finch where there is a trailer and some other construction debris currently. It makes sense and it's exciting and cool that the pedestrian tunnel was designed to access the Lrt. Perhaps the construction workers who built the tunnel or passageway was not aware of the significance of the access tunnel at the time. Maybe only a small number of engineers and designers knew of the future expansion but didn't make a big deal about it. Just speculation on my part.

I was there today at FinchWest station since it was free TTC rides across Toronto. The small panel window that I leaned into to take a picture was sealed shut today and if you missed the Saturday open house and only came today, you would never know about the FinchWest Lrt break-out wall and its significance for the future.
Is this the red circle in the right location though? It seems it's outside the fare paid area on the diagram next to the "collector booth". It seems like the right location based on the videos I've seen touring the station.

Back