News   Apr 16, 2024
 141     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 532     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Did Metrolinx ever formally request that vehicles NOT be bundled with the FWLRT contracts, once ML announced the Alstom partnership? I'd like to be able to assume they did, but at is point the Finch LRT tender process has been so tumultuous that I can't take anything for granted.

Could someone here point me to the key criteria for a company(s) to receive the winning bid for the FinchWestLRT construction contract?

I don't think it would be cost alone but the ability and capacity to prove XYZ etc. What is that XYZ?

Thanks

Could someone here point me to the key criteria for a company(s) to receive the winning bid for the FinchWestLRT construction contract?

I don't think it would be cost alone but the ability and capacity to prove XYZ etc. What is that XYZ?

Thanks

I don't think we will ever know because it is confidential. Since all firms/teams are prequalified anyways, my suspicion is it comes down 100% to cost.

I don't think we will ever know because it is confidential. Since all firms/teams are prequalified anyways, my suspicion is it comes down 100% to cost.

I'd venture to say it's probably a combination of "how quickly can you do it?" and "how inexpensively can you do it?". I do agree with you that since there's per-qualification, that component should have already been dealt with before they were even allowed to submit a bid.

What is the best source of Finch West LRT documents that covers everything from A to Z that is available to the public? Is it only the Metrolinx website?

The official Finch West LRT website has bee updated as of today. Not much new (it is a little slicker than before) however it now states that the contract will close at the end of 2017, with construction beginning in 2018. Operation date is still listed as 2021. Also, there is a nice Alstom LRV featured front and centre on the webpage.

Well there we go. This is the third time Metrolinx has delayed the start of this project. Lets hope they can get it started before the 2018 election.

The official Finch West LRT website has bee updated as of today. Not much new (it is a little slicker than before) however it now states that the contract will close at the end of 2017, with construction beginning in 2018. Operation date is still listed as 2021. Also, there is a nice Alstom LRV featured front and centre on the webpage.

They're using the Alstom LRV in that render. I'm still trying to figure out what's going to happen to the Bombardier LRVs that have also been purchased for this line.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going to happen to the Bombardier LRVs that have also been purchased for this line.

I believe Metrolinx still thinks they can get out of receiving most of those. Also, since they're fairly standard units, reselling to another city at/near cost would also be a possibility.

I believe Metrolinx still thinks they can get out of receiving most of those. Also, since they're fairly standard units, reselling to another city at/near cost would also be a possibility.

Meh by the time we get all the Bombardier units we will need to upgrade the LRT lines with more trains for increased service anyways.

Back