News   Apr 18, 2024
 26     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 407     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.6K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

So, Mammoliti losing a positive for Finch West?

It takes a bit of pressure off Metrolinx community outreach staff during construction.

Mammoliti isn't going to retire quietly though. He'll run federally if the conservatives will take him.

I'm not holding my breath for construction to start on this one. It goes through Fords riding and he hates streetcars/LRTs... No substantial construction has occurred on this line and I suspect it will be cancelled to help him funnel more money to Sheppard East or BD extension to Scarborough.

I'm not holding my breath for construction to start on this one. It goes through Fords riding and he hates streetcars/LRTs... No substantial construction has occurred on this line and I suspect it will be cancelled to help him funnel more money to Sheppard East or BD extension to Scarborough.
After today's university announcement I'm even more pessimistic about the prospects for this line.

Exactly. This is a short sighted government that makes cuts first and to hell with the consequences. It’s the new Conservative way. This project being cancelled falls on the Liberals though due to their and Metrolinx sheer incompetence. This line was supposed to be open and running by 2015! Sheppard by 2013! Instead we have neither and nothing to show for it but fancy BCAs and consulting hours. The amount of over-design and consultation and BS for building simple LRT lines is what allows new governments to come in and kill projects. Am LRT project should take no more than 4-5 years to complete from design to construction. Here everything takes 10+ years and very political means most projects don’t live to see the light of day.

^^^
DqXMSiXWwAACXuT.jpg

They changed their “Future Location of Amazon HQ 2” signs on the Markham Population signs to “Future Location of York University”.
Now they have to change it again, this time to "Future Location of Walmart". Who needs Amazon, when you get a Walmart?

Back