News   Mar 28, 2024
 107     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 565     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 358     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

While I agree that 5 years is too long, your statement is 100% false. there is only 1 complete knock out wall at Finch West station, that's it.

Hasn't the station complex itself been built to accommodate simple expansion? (installation of tracks, entrance, and lighting/public art?) Seeing as the station itself is the hardest part to build and the extra utilities take little more than at most a year to complete, I'd say it's pretty much done. If a platform has not been built, then that's due to my ignorance.

Hasn't the station complex itself been built to accommodate simple expansion? (installation of tracks, entrance, and lighting/public art?) Seeing as the station itself is the hardest part to build and the extra utilities take little more than at most a year to complete, I'd say it's pretty much done. If a platform has not been built, then that's due to my ignorance.
There is no platform, just a tunnel entrance towards where the stairs/elevators will be that lead up/down to the LRT platform(s).

break-out-wall-1-jpg.130404

break-out-wall-2-jpg.130405

break-out-wall-3-jpg.130406

There is literally nothing for the LRT. All they did as a part of the subway construction was leave a wall that could be easily removed for the entrance to the LRT platform.
There is no platform, just a tunnel entrance towards where the stairs/elevators will be that lead up/down to the LRT platform(s).
It sound like Streety is 90% incorrect*, Insertname is 10% incorrect, and Leo is bang on.
* - although if some utilities have been relocated, I would change that to maybe 50% to 75%.

Why does streety go silent in each thread when confronted with facts? It's ok to admit you arewrong sometimes.
I already acknowledged I made a mistake. I never saw the knockout wall myself, but I do remember reading in the news that Finch West Station almost didn't open because there were knockout properties (presumably platforms) associated with it. This assumption was made because "knockout" can be associated with the Sheppard Subway's "Knockout wall" properties (lengthened platforms).

Just because I don't reply with an apology doesn't mean I don't acknowledge a mistake on my behalf. Must I waste my time with explaining myself with everything?

I made a mistake. I'm sorry if I perpetuated a falsehood.

Back