News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 653     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 928     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Anyone tell me if 6602 has arrived at the Black Creek MSF on ITTX 940774 as a finish car or it been sent back to TB to be a finish car? It at the loading dock

Last edited:
Anyone tell me if 6602 has arrived at the Black Creek MSF on ITTX 940774 as a finish car or it been sent back to TB to be a finish car? It at the loading dock
Do you have the LRV number correct? Should be a 6200?

6200 was seen in Northern Ontario today, headed west, but on a different transporter car. Whichever car is on 940774 only left Toronto today.

- Paul

Do you have the LRV number correct? Should be a 6200?

6200 was seen in Northern Ontario today, headed west, but on a different transporter car. Whichever car is on 940774 only left Toronto today.

- Paul
Geee!!!! poor fingering and checking as it should been 6202.

If the flat left today, then 6202 was most likely on it heading to Thunder Bay to be finish.

Geee!!!! poor fingering and checking as it should been 6202.

If the flat left today, then 6202 was most likely on it heading to Thunder Bay to be finish.
Mactier Sub group on Facebook has a photo that confirms 6202.

- Paul

- Paul
Thanks
Someone wanted to know if it was finish or not as I don't track cars.

^ I can't fathom how it is cheaper/expedient to ship the first delivered cars all the way to Thunder Bay for their final fitout, instead of just sending the people and parts to the MSF, but that seems to be what's happening. Maybe specific test equipment is needed.... although one would expect the MSF to have their own set for ongoing servicing.

- Paul

- Paul

Screenshot_2021-04-12_134423.jpg

^As I suspected, it looks like the Bombardier logos have been removed from the nose of those LRVs.

- Paul

And transit geeks will be standing alongside watching:

This stretch of tracks will be put to the test later this spring when six light-rail vehicles will make their debut along the eastern portion of the alignment for vehicle testing.

LINK

I'll believe it when it actually happens and not when Metrolinx says it will.
Until trains run through the Yonge Station without issues, only then testing can take place on the rest of underground stations before you see them east of the Science Centre station. Its first surface testing will be between the Laird portal and the Science Centre west portal.

The earliest I can see testing on the surface based on what coming out of ML is June, but could be wrong. Given this only 2 months away and what I have seen for the surface, more like July assuming nothing is being put into the ROW like dirt and grass or concrete. Then, until testing is being done to make sure things are OK, X could then be put into the ROW with more testing after it is done. Until ML states when testing will start, its a guess game at this time as well sit back and wait for the announcement date.

ML 6210 has return from TB and no idea what type of testing it will have to do to be a service car.

Back