News   Mar 28, 2024
 21     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Yes, because when I think of a line that goes to the airport, I think of a line that has to stop at every intersection and make a ton of extra stops. Seriously name me one rapid transit line in a major city around the world, where the airport link is at grade. I'm waiting.
I think we should aim for rapid transit to be fully grade separated. More often than not, though, it should be elevated rather than tunneled.

I think we should aim for rapid transit to be fully grade separated. More often than not, though, it should be elevated rather than tunneled.
While I think there's some serious questions with the Ontario Line plan, hopefully it manages to finally get some momentum behind elevated transit lines. Also just, since I was a kid, I always thought elevated transit lines looked cool as hell, so I'm all for them where it makes sense.

20201222_102835.jpg

20201222_102855.jpg

I can't believe they picked the grey livery. It would have been so nice to have them red like the rest of the streetcars/buses. The grey is drab but will blend nicely with the greyness that is Toronto public spaces.

I can't believe they picked the grey livery. It would have been so nice to have them red like the rest of the streetcars/buses. The grey is drab but will blend nicely with the greyness that is Toronto public spaces.

Maybe an accountant figured that "grey" is a less expensive colour?

Probably true but I though I read somewhere it was to align with the subway train colours - ie our T1/Rockets tin can look. The Flexities would look way nicer in a nice colour or with the green colour Metrolinx was advertising on all their banners and web pages.

Probably true but I though I read somewhere it was to align with the subway train colours - ie our T1/Rockets tin can look. The Flexities would look way nicer in a nice colour or with the green colour Metrolinx was advertising on all their banners and web pages.

Would have accepted Toronto Civic Railway's green livery.

799px-Toronto_Civic_Railway_No_55_%288063118188%29.jpg

From link.

Grey was chosen opposed to red because of the public perception that the Crosstown LRT is just a glorified streetcar.

Metrolinx wanted to do everything it could to stop this public perception. Having them look like the Streetcars definitely would not help.

The grey was to try and make them look as much like the metal subway cars, although I agree they look drab.

Metrolinx does not have a good track record with picking colours for its vehicles...

1608739484466.png

Grey was chosen opposed to red because of the public perception that the Crosstown LRT is just a glorified streetcar.

Metrolinx wanted to do everything it could to stop this public perception. Having them look like the Streetcars definitely would not help.

The grey was to try and make them look as much like the metal subway cars, although I agree they look drab.

Metrolinx does not have a good track record with picking colours for its vehicles...

View attachment 290707
Actually, the UP Express livery is pretty good IMO. Same goes for the new livery on the GO train coaches.

1608739703665.png

Back