682     0 

Metrolinx: A new Logo

299 bloor call control.

Member Bio
Reaction score
metrolinx.png

from CPTDB

Much better than the first one.

It's better than I expected. At least "M" is globally recognizable as indicating transit, and it's clean and simple enough to be appealing.

But "on y va" is still a pittiful translation of "linking people to places". Or is it the other way around? :D

But "on y va" is still a pittiful translation of "linking people to places". Or is it the other way around? :D

Actually, "on y va" is a far more efficient and elegant French phrase that captures all the essential elements of the English one. While it is normally translated as "let's go!" it also carries a more universal imperative regarding travel to a destination than simply that.

I know I'm gonna get slagged for saying this, but I'd much prefer that logo to be the logo for the Toronto subway. I dislike the retro one with wings for aesthetic reasons. This is purely subjective, so please respect my opinion as I do yours.

I know I'm gonna get slagged for saying this, but I'd much prefer that logo to be the logo for the Toronto subway. I dislike the retro one with wings for aesthetic reasons. This is purely subjective, so please respect my opinion as I do yours.

BLASPHEMY!

Just kidding...

I think that it would be a good idea to come up with a common identity for transit in the GTA, but I'm not holding my breath. Creating an integrated regional transit system is much more important than deciding what paint colour to use.

I don't think the Metrolinx logo beats the TTCs, but it could definitely take DRT's logo in a one-on-one.

Back