Toronto 17 Vickers | 14.23m | 1s | Metro | GKC Architects

I would say this would be an excellent opportunity too see something special developed around here, but inevitably there will be nothing but a sea of condos developed here once Metro leaves. Especially since the Bloor-Danforth line wont be extended here now, or even within the next 30 years.

I would say this would be an excellent opportunity too see something special developed around here, but inevitably there will be nothing but a sea of condos developed here once Metro leaves. Especially since the Bloor-Danforth line wont be extended here now, or even within the next 30 years.
It will certainly be a hike to Kipling, but it is possible the Dundas BRT could get built long before any extension of Line 2 and a stop is planned at East Mall.

Given the location, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets replaced by a sea of faux historic town homes...

This will need an employment lands conversion to be used for residential uses. Most likely it will end up torn down and replaced with 2 smaller distribution centres.

32424321.JPG

So is this the building on The West Mall that they are getting ready to demolish?
Photographed on May 8th 2021
DJI_0629.JPG

This is the completed project on The East Mall, also Photographed on May 8th.
DJI_0631ce.jpg

And this is the nearly completed new cold storage facility that was immediately north of the West Mall warehouse featured in the first photo of this post, also from May 8th
DJI_0624e.jpg

I don’t believe they are demolishing the west mall building, but rather what remains of the facility on the East Mall.

Back