402     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 463     0 

Merry Christmas UT

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
A brief(ish) post to wish all my fellow UT'ers a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and a wonderful holiday season!

That extends to every member of the UT community; even those who Santa may leave coal to, LOL

That said, I wish to extend a special thanks to all those whose posts I exceptionally enjoy.

In no particular order....

Thank you to @smallspy and @crs1026 for their insights on all matters rail

Thank you to @drum118 and @APTA-2048 amongst others for their insights into TTC

Thank you to @DSC for his great contributions on Union Station, the St. Lawrence area and the Waterfront among many other areas of knowledge.

Thank you to @SunriseChampion for an irreverence that makes the forum more interesting and for bring a distinct pov that doesn't fit neatly into any boxes!

Thank you to @PMT and @Marcanadian for particular diligence in posting about new applications and their supporting docs including renders.

Thank you to @AlvinofDiaspar whose mix of insight and snark is sorely missed whenever he gets busy w/life!

Thank you to @kotsy for pictures that bring this city to life as only good art can.

Thank you to @Goldie and @Mustapha for all their archival deep dives and contemporary photo match ups that are so interesting.

Thank you to @ADRM for being quality posts, and always being a voice of reason

Thank you to @AlbertC for taking the time to curate a great world news section here at UT

Thank you to @ProjectEnd for squashing outright stupidity with a bluntness I rarely muster here. LOL

Thank you @WislaHD and @lenaitch for thoughtful contributions from a more right-of-centre slant.

Thank you to @Allandale25 for his monitoring of Twitter and resulting contributions, especially on GO Transit.

Thank you to @Urban Sky for your contributions on VIA rail.

Thank you to @W. K. Lis for his wonderful obsession w/pedestrian safety!

Thank you to @PinkLucy the always sober and calm moderator of the politics discussions!

Apologies for any oversights to that list as so many more of you contribute to a wonderful community where information and knowledge are shared on any range of subjects.

I'd like to echo your appreciation and holiday wishes for all these posters (and don't forget @interchange42, forever the voice of reason!), and to add:

Thanks to you for contributing your knowledge and expertise on a dizzying array of topics, in particular: street trees, urban design, food, politics, and transportation. I always appreciate your posts, which bring deep insight and a unique perspective to every subject you weigh in on. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you!

Many thanks for your kind words and a happy holidays back to you and every other UTer. I really cherish this forum and appreciate each and every contributer that makes it the way it is.

It's a little late for this year but I'd love to see a UT meet up for next Christmas or even before then (I don't think we need an excuse to have a get together).

I'd like to echo your appreciation and holiday wishes for all these posters (and don't forget @interchange42, forever the voice of reason!), and to add:

Thanks to you for contributing your knowledge and expertise on a dizzying array of topics, in particular: street trees, urban design, food, politics, and transportation. I always appreciate your posts, which bring deep insight and a unique perspective to every subject you weigh in on. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you!

Thank you so much for the compliment(s). They are sincerely appreciated. You're most welcome.

PS, I thoroughly enjoy your posts as well and need to see more of them!

I'll add here, quite right to never overlook the fine contributions of @interchange42, as often behind the scenes as in posts!

A brief(ish) post to wish all my fellow UT'ers a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and a wonderful holiday season!

That extends to every member of the UT community; even those who Santa may leave coal to, LOL

That said, I wish to extend a special thanks to all those whose posts I exceptionally enjoy.

Thank you to @DSC for his great contributions on Union Station, the St. Lawrence area and the Waterfront among many other areas of knowledge.

Thank you to @SunriseChampion for an irreverence that makes the forum more interesting and for bring a distinct pov that doesn't fit neatly into any boxes!

Thank you to @PMT and @Marcanadian for particular diligence in posting about new applications and their supporting docs including renders.

Thank you to @AlvinofDiaspar whose mix of insight and snark is sorely missed whenever he gets busy w/life!

Thank you to @kotsy for pictures that bring this city to life as only good art can.

Thank you to @Goldie and @Mustapha for all their archival deep dives and contemporary photo match ups that are so interesting.

Thank you to @AlbertC for taking the time to curate a great world news section here at UT

Thank you to @ProjectEnd for squashing outright stupidity with a bluntness I rarely muster here. LOL

Thank you @WislaHD and @lenaitch for thoughtful contributions from a more right-of-centre slant.

Thank you to @Allandale25 for his monitoring of Twitter and resulting contributions, especially on GO Transit.

Thank you to @PinkLucy the always sober and calm moderator of the politics discussions!

Apologies for any oversights to that list as so many more of you contribute to a wonderful community where information and knowledge are shared on any range of subjects.

Thank you NL for the recognition of an old Toronto-raised now country bumpkin. Your posts, as are many others on here, well founded and presented. I've only been on here for a couple of years and usually scan the forum with one eye and the associated part of my brain focused on the TV. I'm a casual observer to some very dedicated and committed people.

For those who bring us wonderful photographs new and old, keep 'em coming.

For those who bring us humour, keep it coming - we all need it to stay sane.

Thank you @Northern Light for the acknowledgements towards everyone, and your insights spanning a wide spectrum of urban topics from development, transportation and infrastructure, retail landscape, politics, and more.

Thank you to each and everyone for the overall contributions towards making this forum a fun and engaging place for sharing and discussing all things urban in Toronto and beyond.

Happy Holidays to all. May 2020 and the upcoming decade bring us even more wonderful things ahead. Cheers!

Thank you very much. A Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and everyone else on Urban Toronto.

114C7445-0735-40CD-8123-270CD28DE6B4.jpeg

(Been using this as my Christmas card the last couple of years. Figured I’d share it here too.)

Merry Solsticetime to @steveintoronto....forever in my heart.

Cheers @NorthernLight, love you too.

Also would like to send my love to the irredeemably crusty @BurlOak

Anyways, if you'll excuse me...I'm kinda dying from alcohol withdrawal. Should've stuck to the fun guy.

All the best in the new year/decade to all of you. :)

Back