News   Apr 17, 2024
 298     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     1 

MCC: On-Street Parking

Anth

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not too long ago Mississauga reclaimed a lane of Burnhamthorpe in the city centre and turned it into heavily used on-street parking, but this morning I noticed a parking officer handing out tickets to everyone parked in those spaces.

Meters haven't been installed yet, so what gives? Would the spaces not be exempt from the 3 hour street parking bylaw?

Not too long ago Mississauga reclaimed a lane of Burnhamthorpe in the city centre and turned it into heavily used on-street parking, but this morning I noticed a parking officer handing out tickets to everyone parked in those spaces.

Meters haven't been installed yet, so what gives? Would the spaces not be exempt from the 3 hour street parking bylaw?

A report surface at Wed General Committee meeting that I received yesterday stating that parking is go from $1 to $2/hr in the city core as well a number of other places as well.

It will cost $5 to park on the street overnight in the city core.

Max time is 2 hours.

Overnight is Max 11 weekdays and 16 weekends.

It will be interesting to see how this is enforce.

Disable person will be allow to park free at all time using the permit.

This applies to all on street parking meters as well machines.

This applies to wards 1, 2, 4, 6 , 7

Will come into effect Wed Sept 10 when Council will approve it.

But it can't come into effect until they install meters...which is years behind schedule...

Re: Burnhamthorpe, I did notice that they put temporary signs up yesterday or the day before on all the onstreet parking spots. I didn't see what they said, but I am guessing a temporary 'no parking' restriction (perhaps repainting the lines). That's probably why the tickets were issued...

Andy

Back