News   Mar 28, 2024
 663     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 932     0 

Matrix Condos (Concord Cityplace) - Real Estate -

lxmoss

Member Bio
Reaction score
I figured it would be appropriate to create this thread in the Projects & Construction discussion due to the fact that Matrix was a recently completed Project of Concord Adex and also that Concord Adex still has several more buildings to sell and finish construction on. It also should be known to any other purchasers and would-be purchasers of Concord Adex condominiums.

TSCC No.1438 (Matrix A & B) is suing Concord Adex Developments, PCL, Toddglen Construction Ltd., Page+Steele Incorporated, City of Toronto, Tarion Warranty Corporation and any other party deemed necessary.

The Condominium Complex has defects, damage, and deficiencies. The defects, damages, and deficiencies include the window-wall systems, defects in the parking garage, defects in the construction roof membrane above the parking garage, and defects in the suite to corridor and suite to suite demising walls, and various other defects, damages and deficiencies.

Oh, is this going to be another Vancouver 'leaky condo' fiasco all over again- only in Toronto?

p5

cheap cheap cheap... no surprises there. Could have told you that 10 years ago when this mega development began. For those who originally purchased in Matrix, however, they have undoubtedly made a small fortune on their investment in the last few years!

That's quite the list of deficiencies. I wonder what effect this has on other Cityplace dwellers?

I'm moving this to the Real Estate section for now. Matrix, I believe, was the first phase of City Place, built and occupied for several years.

I'll leave a redirect from here though for a week or so. It's an interesting story.

I am so shocked...lol. I expect more lawsuits from the suits that bought all these 200x condos:)

When will builders and the public realize that window wall and balconies are not suited to the extreme temperature swings of Toronto climate?

Window walls have been around for many years, and as for balconies, I would not want to live in an apartment without one.

That's not a comment on the specific merits of this case. Rumours have been around for a while regarding shortcomings at City Place.

Back