239.jpg

233.jpg

226.jpg

225.jpg

222.jpg

210.jpg

190.jpg

152.jpg

Wow, very cool. When were you there? My only taste of Morocco was a brief stay in Tangier. I definitely plan on doing southern Spain and Morocco in more detail in the future.

Was there May 10-13. Didn't get to see the the rest of the country because I was there sort of on business, but I did get to hike around the foot of the atlas mountains (where all the locals - which seems like a common theme in Marrakesh - were trying to shake us down).

Marrekesh

These photos just brought back my trip. I was in the main square I think it's called Al jefna on april 17, 18 and left for Canada on the 19th. The Kotoubia mosque is amazing, and the architecture is some of the finest I have ever seen. I especially loved the little holes where the pigeons nested. The souk pics were just fabulous and I wondered if the inside riad pics were inside the mosque itself.
I hung out at the Argana cafe which I might add has the noisiest chairs in all of Morocco but they make the best cafe au lait I have ever tasted.
The evening barbeque shots are just that, fabulous because the food in the square is amazing and so inexpensive. Thanks for the fabulous memories.
Los Insectos.:)

Very exciting! The mosque pics remind me of Granada's Alhambra, which you would have to see on a trip that includes the south of Spain Ganjavih!

Thanks for posting these Roch.

Yeah, unfortunately, I didn't get to visit Granada, but Seville was certainly a treat. I really fell in love with Spain.

very nice pics, roch...I was in Morocco many years ago, and remember it well...we could see the Atlas mountains from the roof of our hotel in Marrakech, and the square was unreal, especially at night....I had been backpacking in Europe, we took the ferry across to Tetouan, then to Casablanca, Fez...but Marrakech was the best...

Wanted to go down to Ouarzazate (sp?), to see the edge of the Sahara, but didn't make it. Morocco is definitely the most amazing place, albeit maybe not the easiest to travel in.

yyzer

Back