News   Jul 24, 2024
 915     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 590     0 

marble flooring in a condo?

polar

Member Bio
Reaction score
first off, i don't know if this is in the wrong section. if so, could mods please move.

My question is, in a 2 storey condo loft, would flooring the 1st floor with marble be distasteful? the bedroom is on the 2nd floor and the 1 floor consist of kitchen, living, dining. I was thinking of warming it up with a nice large sized rug between the tv and sectional. any opinions would be appreciated.

thank you

first off, i don't know if this is in the wrong section. if so, could mods please move.

My question is, in a 2 storey condo loft, would flooring the 1st floor with marble be distasteful? the bedroom is on the 2nd floor and the 1 floor consist of kitchen, living, dining. I was thinking of warming it up with a nice large sized rug between the tv and sectional. any opinions would be appreciated.

thank you

Yes it would be distasteful to most future buyers.

In a warm climate I can see it done, but not in a cold one like Canada. You're better off with putting in hardwood.

Leave the tiles to the Kitchen and Bathroom ...

If you like marble, buy marble. It's your home. Have fun with it.

I have a thing for concrete floors, but it ain't everyone's taste. My mother calls is a warehouse floor. She has broadloom. I call it carpet mite heaven (but never to her face).

I agree with Jarrek.

I say stick to hardwood with area rugs for warmth. Leave marble for the foyer and the bathroom/kitchen.

I also agree with Hydrogen. It's your place, do it up like you want to! Don't think of the future too much, as to whether or not a potential buyer will like what you have done with the place. Design to suite your needs!

There will almost always be a buyer that will appreciate what you have done with the place.

Back