News   Mar 28, 2024
 304     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 262     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 294     0 

Maple Leafs Rookie Jiri Tlusty: "I'm not gay" (but I have nude shots on the net)

299 bloor call control.

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lil bit of gossip here... there were some shots on the net of Jiri Tlusty on a gossip site "tonguing" another guy, which honestly doesn't really mean anything, and the tonguing was more of a silly pose for a picture... but then this same gossip site dug a lil deeper... and released probably the first ever self-nude shots of a hockey player... at least that I've seen.. lol.

jiritlusty.jpg

For your reading and viewing pleasure/curiosity/disgust:

Towleroad reports on it:
http://www.towleroad.com/2007/11/nhl-toronto-map.html

The NSFW self-pics:
http://www.isthishappening.typepad.com/blog/jiri-tlusty-naked.html

Most hockey players claim that they wouldn't have a problem with a gay teammate... but there's probably so much institutionalized homophobia in the game, or any pro sport, that even if Tlusty was gay, he wouldn't come out on his own terms.

Oh the interweb, how you out-or-expose everyone these days.

I don't see how any of this makes him gay at all. I've noticed more and more straight men are posting videos and photos of themselves naked online lately. Even if he is gay, who cares if he is? Gossip sucks.

Tlusty says sorry for nude pictures on Internet

Nov 14, 2007 04:30 AM
Kevin McGran
SPORTS REPORTER

If naked pictures on the Internet are any indication, Jiri Tlusty is one wild and crazy guy from the Czech Republic.

And apparently, now regrets it.

Naked photos of the Leaf rookie – apparently taken by himself into a mirror – have appeared on various Internet sites.

Another photo, of him fully clothed and touching tongues with another man, was also posted. The photographs were apparently taken last year.

Tlusty did not speak to reporters after last night's game, but the Leafs issued a pair of statements.

"I used poor judgment in this instance last season, and I have learned a valuable lesson," said Tlusty's statement. "It will not happen again and I have no further comment."

In an interview with one website which posted the pictures, 19-year-old Tlusty denied he was gay and said the tongue picture was taken while celebrating a friend's birthday with several pals from his hometown of Slany, Czech Republic.

GM John Ferguson stood by his rookie.

"Photographs were posted recently on the Internet without Jiri's knowledge," said Ferguson's statement.

"He made a naïve mistake as a teenager. It's a lesson in how something private can easily become very public in the Internet age. Hopefully it's a lesson that other people will learn from as well."

Since the start of the season, the Leafs have banned all cell phones from their locker room.

That ban was aimed at outsiders, like accredited media and family, friends and occasional fans who have access.

One of the websites which posted the pictures says lawyers have asked them to take them down.

They were from one site, which had posted the lawyer's letter, but the were still on another site when I found them last night.

Pardon me, but what's the issue?

Is it that he did a little tongue-tickling? Is it that he got the mast up for a sail? Is it that there was a fear of a gay guy in hockey (like that's never happened)? Is it that the guy fears being viewed as gay? Is that the photos become widely distrubuted?

Maybe his mother got upset? Who knows.

Back