Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

I honestly wouldn't mind a couple functional green spaces over sculptural mounds and plazas. A couple basketball courts, dog run, playground, etc. for Rees and a ball diamond for York.

I’ll post more later, but here’s my favourite from Cormier:

View attachment 148982

Handsome, time-tested design with a Devonian Pond-esque central water feature. I wouldn't mind having a park like that on said site. That stainless steel gazebo looks interesting - we already had a minor example of how that could potentially look - the electrical box at Berczy.

AoD

I’ll post more later, but here’s my favourite from Cormier:

View attachment 148982

Once again, Cormier impresses.

I can't compare w/the other designs, as I have yet to see them, but I could definitely go for this one.

I like the creativity of the vegetation in the middle of the water as well; though, it means any weeding/maintenance would require the water feature to be turned off and drained, I assume, unless they included a design for removable bridge feature........

“Park Vert”, Agency Landscape + Planning

rfEHSs.jpg

y9amUd.jpg

I betray my bias, but I think I like the York Forest concept best..........it seems like a place to appreciate the water, yet escape the City, albeit in tight quarters.

I don't mind the Park Vert concept either.

I still like the Cormier one, though the overhead shot wreaks of kitsch.

Reactions: DTC
I liked Cormier mostly because it has a nice expansive water feature that the city doesn't have enough of, but can be drained and provide a flat functional space in the winter, with a covered area. It also probably has the best shot at becoming a landmark place.

The CC design would likely have a skating rink come winter time, a la Lake Devo.

York Forest is great too, though I have concerns about the viability of the design given its reliance on extremely mature trees.

Back