Niagara Falls The Great Falls | 225m | 60s | 3Bridges | Hariri Pontarini

reactx

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hotel development at Loretto to include restoring historic Niagara Falls building

$1-billion plan includes towers of 32, 42 and 57 storeys

NEWS Jun 02, 2019 by Ray Spiteri

They also heard from representatives of 3Bridges Properties (Group) Corp., a Vancouver-based development company with plans to transform the 2.96-hectare (7.4-acre) property on Stanley Avenue into a luxury hotel and limited-edition residences.

The heart of the project, which 3Bridges Properties chief executive officer Dan Zhang said will be worth $1 billion, will incorporate the existing Loretto Academy building with its mansard roof and cupola. These architectural elements will be retained, conserved and restored into its river-facing facade.

He said the plan is to restore the roof that was destroyed by fire in 1938.

"Because this building has a lot of history, we will retain it and restore it. It's such a historic building that we want to make sure … it really remains a landmark as part of our vision for this whole property."

A 32-storey south tower, 57-storey central tower and 42-storey north tower will include a luxury hotel with "world-class amenities" and condominium residences above.

Zhang said 3Bridges plans to retain an architect with global experience and a Canadian contractor.

The project is still in design phase, so a construction start date has not been determined.

The development will be 3Bridges' first venture outside British Columbia. The company was founded in 2014.

It's nice to see that you created this page. But there's two other major project that have been approved. The approved 600 million dollars Canadian Niagara Hotel project with one 56 and two 38 storeys structures overlooking the Falls. And the 150 million dollars on Stanley ave and Ferry st corner Dairy Queen is located. That supposed to start in the beginning of the year from Toronto Developers. And the all the condos and University zoned as blue institutional on the railway lands next to the train station. All seen in the photos below!

This is all excellent news, however I thought the original CN Rail yard would be the best spot for GO's layover yard, and possible maintenance facility. Does this plan still allow for this possibility?

This is all excellent news, however I thought the original CN Rail yard would be the best spot for GO's layover yard, and possible maintenance facility. Does this plan still allow for this possibility?

Speaking of, the GO station is a bit far from the action - is there a plan for the local transit to address this gap?

Video fly through on the link too

High-res_-3-scaled.jpg

02_2-Photo.jpg

02_4-Photo.jpg

02_8-Photo.jpg

This a placeholder design actually, the final one has not been revealed yet.

So this is not the way it's going to look. I kind of like the wave detail on it. When you go the Developers page. You can actually see a video of the building . And the building looks totally different from this rendering. Stellar but plain looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not understand the economics behind this. Why would someone want to live in a condo here? not to mention a luxury condo? I'm very confused

I do not understand the economics behind this. Why would someone want to live in a condo here? not to mention a luxury condo? I'm very confused

No insider info here, but I suspect this is very much targeting the foreign-buyer market.

That said, there will be retirees and a smattering of well-off locals too.

I indirectly know someone who bought a high-end condo in Niagara previously, a former top doctor in Toronto who decided to slow down, practice part-time and moved there.

I believe that the height of these three towers have now change to 60 , 45 , 38 from 57 , 42 , 32 . Making the two highest one at 220 and 183 metres. It would be nice if someone changes these hieght numbers for this Loretto blog thanks !

Back