218     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

looking for a place in south etobicoke

Mindset

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was hoping I could get some insight into the area and specifically on a few condos. I've been eyeing the Grenadier Landing, Explorer, and Player's Club condos. I would prefer to be on Marine Parade, with a half decent view of the lake. I'm not too concern about amenties, but more concern about look, feel, quality of the building. I'm looking to pick up a one bed room + den, with balcony, in the price range of $250-300.

I've noticed that the Players Club has large living/dining rooms and that really attracts me, but its location isnt the greatest, plus the maintenance fees seem quite high.

Also I would like to be in a building that caters to young professional types.

Any help, insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Louis

Hello everyone,
I was hoping I could get some insight into the area and specifically on a few condos. I've been eyeing the Grenadier Landing, Explorer, and Player's Club condos. I would prefer to be on Marine Parade, with a half decent view of the lake. I'm not too concern about amenties, but more concern about look, feel, quality of the building. I'm looking to pick up a one bed room + den, with balcony, in the price range of $250-300.

I've noticed that the Players Club has large living/dining rooms and that really attracts me, but its location isnt the greatest, plus the maintenance fees seem quite high.

Also I would like to be in a building that caters to young professional types.

Any help, insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Louis

Last time I checked MLS the price of 1bdrm+den with inner court view was about 260K-270K... I don't think your price range would meet all of your requirements... especially not the required view (maybe from the balcony if you stretch out a bit)... Have you checked out the new condos in this area? For that money you can get a decent size 1bd+den...
Here's one of the new condos in that area:
-Nautilus
-Waterscapes
-Beyond the sea (out of 1bdrms)
-South Beach
-California
There is also a few more condos east of Park Lawn on Queensway...

Mindset ... generally the age group is pretty young in South Etobicoke condos (except Palace Place + Palace Pier ... 2 brown towers by the bridge) seeing they are all pretty new ....

Borisp provided you a list of condos in pre-construction sale, likely would be built in 2 to 3 years time, if you are looking to relocate to this area to an existing building, I highly recommend against Player's Club given its site is too narrow and 'wedged' in between Grenadier Landing to the west and Nevis to the east (both good projects to consider), further to the west you should also consider Waterford Towers (twin blue glass buildings) and Newport Beach (twin towers with lighthouse-like turret at the top)

hope this helps ... good luck with your search !

Thanks for the info everyone! I would like to move in spring time, so re-sale is the direction im heading in. I dont expect for the price range im in to have an unobstructed view of the lake, but I would like to have some sight lines of the lake, prefrably south, sw location.

What building is this one under construction, photographed by me today?

DSC00041-1.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

Back